AM FM 8Track

Status
Not open for further replies.

gnvair

Royal Smart Person
Sep 1, 2018
Southern New Jersey near Philly
I didn't think they put an 8 track in a Gbody as I looked. Cassette yes. I thought it would be a cool retro look with a Led tape in it. I ended up with a AM/FM that my buddy pulled out of his 81 Malibu in 82. It had been sitting in his closet since. Mint radio that I hooked up an amp and blue tooth
8 track was available through about 83-84. I know the cassette was not available until 79 ( at least on the Chevrolet A bodies)

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
Got a question for u guys speaking about tape decks. My 86 MCSS has a factory am/fm cassette player. Everytime i try to put a cassette tape in it it spits it right out. Any ideas?
There's a little switch inside that senses the cassette being inserted; when they go bad, it'll do all kinds of weird stuff. If you crack it open, try blasting some tuner/electrical contact cleaner and compressed air.

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor