Olds Lives Matter! Fun starts on page 13 (was: Am I Selling Out… or Buying In?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
Oh now we're talking about fantasy motors? https://www.streetmusclemag.com/news/the-w43-oldsmobiles-dohc-455-v8-that-never-was/

Olds had their chances and blew it: https://www.hemmings.com/blog/2013/04/18/yesterdays-car-of-tomorrow-1962-1963-oldsmobile-jetfire/ Buick was burdened with a cat-sh*t nugget of a V6 and turned it into semi-sweet lemonade in everything from street cars, to semi-exotics, to race cars. Pontiac managed to keep their 455 kicking into the mid-70s and then quietly accepted the corporate engine death walk. Every division of GM made their bed and got to lie in it, and no one forced Olds to develop a substandard design - and ask yourself this: why didn't Olds engineers nut up and do what Buick did?

Hold on... I am going to change the title of this thread. Because this should be a fun (and hopefully civil) conversation. ;)
Olds did blow it, they gave up in the 80's. They had the swirl port 307 at 200 hp, never made it past the prototype stage. Yes, 200 hp was good for 1985 for a 5L V8. GM as a whole is shell of its former self. Look at the loss in market share, pretty sure they don't have over half of the market share. I stand by chebby being the spoiled, hold their breath till blue and sh*t their pants for attention division. Look at that awful mustache front end Camaro and Colorado front end they released this year. At least you have sight and bought the Hellcat🙂.

Reactions: 1 user

1 RARE T

Master Mechanic
Jul 14, 2015
Maybe I missed it / too lazy to go through 14 pages, when does this penis enlargementmobile show up tentatively?

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
Maybe I missed it / too lazy to go through 14 pages, when does this penis enlargementmobile show up tentatively?

Still waiting. The plant was on scheduled shutdown for the last few weeks... so it could be another 8 weeks for all I know. However, I am in the process of ordering a shifter for it now.

The good news is I have the Monte to fart around with to distract myself (but, this definitely the same kind of anticipation and excitement I felt on Christmas Eve as a kid).

Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor