Olds Lives Matter! Fun starts on page 13 (was: Am I Selling Out… or Buying In?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
Mine is coming with as little tech as possible. No nav, no adaptive cruise, no blind spot monitoring, no remote start, no power column... this is very bare bones and will probably make it quite rare.

I didn't think that was possible to order it without all the tech stuff.....I knew you could add to the package but not subtract from it.... (y)

85442/86buick

G-Body Guru
Feb 12, 2013
Perth Country , Ontario
thinking there's some insider trading going on ........Car deliver's in Windsor ..........I wonder if Mike has family in Windsor ?

my bet yes , looks like him a year or 2 young or older.

Reactions: 1 user

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
thinking there's some insider trading going on ........Car deliver's in Windsor ..........I wonder if Mike has family in Windsor ?

my bet yes , looks like him a year or 2 young or older.

Yup, there are a lot of connections to Windsor in this deal. My brother is there, a buddy at the dealership, and a few other pieces in play.

And yes, my brother is 2.5yrs younger - and sort of look the same. But, only if I was a hippy and he became a jarhead.

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
I didn't think that was possible to order it without all the tech stuff.....I knew you could add to the package but not subtract from it.... (y)

MY 2019 changed the rules.

• Winner
Reactions: 3 users

1evilregal

Comic Book Super Hero
Apr 23, 2009
Greensboro, NC
late to reply, but echoing what everyone else has pretty much stated: make sure that pen doesn't dry up signing the paperwork!

it's interesting how you asked for opinions on the subject, as I've always seen this as a ongoing debate, kinda like the dodge vs chevy vs ford thing. I used to look down on the people that wrote the checks, but realized a few years ago, I realized that it's the ones who claim they built it themselves. I also realize that my talents are on the same short list as my patience, and that I prefer to drive them more now than just working on them. age just makes us smarter with our decisions!

enjoy the drive!

Reactions: 1 users

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
late to reply, but echoing what everyone else has pretty much stated: make sure that pen doesn't dry up signing the paperwork!

it's interesting how you asked for opinions on the subject, as I've always seen this as a ongoing debate, kinda like the dodge vs chevy vs ford thing. I used to look down on the people that wrote the checks, but realized a few years ago, I realized that it's the ones who claim they built it themselves. I also realize that my talents are on the same short list as my patience, and that I prefer to drive them more now than just working on them. age just makes us smarter with our decisions!

enjoy the drive!

LOL... good advice, I'll bring a pocketful of spare pens.

I think it is such an interesting subject that divides this hobby more than it should. *ssh*les exist in all walks of life so unless someone gives you a reason despise them it is best not to judge a book by its cover.

jlcustomz

G-Body Guru
Nov 22, 2011
Damn, that took a few minutes to read through.
One of the most boring things about all the new cars is looking at them (stock) after you've seen a bunch or sitting in between a bunch of same. That being said, you ain't the sit & look at it type any ole way, so it don't matter. Lots of discussion on pro-touring.com about how you can buy for less than you can build. Driving them or being given a ride in ain't exactly boring. Got a ride in a ZL1 camaro last year making 700 rwhp from factory (he grew up in Detroit & knows people). This thing went from 60 to 117 & back down to 60 in approx. 10 seconds literally. The most amazing part is not how fast & went & stopped, but how damn smooth it did it. Than can't happen with the average high hp home build.

Now on to the we know you won't leave well enough alone part. I remember reading about kits to connect with the ac system for better intercooling. Hmmm?

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
I saw this on the gram and thought of ya. I totally dig the hellcats, if I was in a position to buy one I would. I have a customer who is a Dr in the Army that has both a hellcat Charger and Challenger!!!! US Army Meddac must be damn good pay!!!
20190720_000546.jpg

Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor