Am I the only one ????

Status
Not open for further replies.

CenturyAero

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 21, 2014
Portland
Am I the only one here that actually bought my "G" [ was an A body when new ] body car as a used transportation car a long long time ago and is keeping it TOTALLY STOCK ? The original full wheel covers chewed up the original wheel rims from radial tire flex and were replaced with small caps and wheel trim rings and chrome headlight visors were added - just a bit away from full stock.

The car still looks the same as it did a long time age when I bought it [ I am the second owner ]. It has always been garaged and the Pacific Northwest is not yet winter salt country. The car drives as new and the V6 has enough power for my driving [ non electric control carburetor ]. My state still checks emissions on all cars from 1975 - which is rather stupid !

Randy in Portland, OR

Attachments

• 001 (Medium).jpg
    001 (Medium).jpg
    306.7 KB · Views: 222
  • 002 (Medium).JPG
    002 (Medium).JPG
    272.6 KB · Views: 214
  • 003 (Medium).JPG
    003 (Medium).JPG
    277.2 KB · Views: 204
Reactions: 2 users

Turbolq4

Royal Smart Person
Sep 25, 2017
Nampa Idaho
No. Look at the current car of the month. There are alot of original g body cars around.

Reactions: 1 users

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
I am sure I have had one car or 2 that I didn't modify but I can't remember that far back....:whistle:

Reactions: 1 user

Turbolq4

Royal Smart Person
Sep 25, 2017
Nampa Idaho
Still have them come out of the woodwork during car show season. Wheezing around the streets in all their 80s glory.

78chevolds

Greasemonkey
Jun 25, 2013
No, I have a 78 Cutlass, overall stock with the Olds 260 that I drive year round here in New England. Only modifications I have done, is stiffen the suspension,e.g. sway bars, steering box, and SSIII wheels for Summer.

Uncle Dan

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 1, 2018
Nope. I like driving mine as it was, and as it is......no-balls 305, gumby chassis and all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor