amateur mechanic - 1984 base MC gets 5.3L/4L60e

MJScarangella

Master Mechanic
Sep 24, 2020
Pennsville, NJ
I recommend the Power Stop rotor and pad kit. I did all this on my car and it is fairly well documented in my thread. Posts 41-43. I didn't go into detail on driving in and out the bushings and replacing the balljoints. I can answer questions and I'm sure there are lots of videos on it. Maybe this would be a good winter project, except you don't have a warm garage to work in. I don't think I'd like to do a front end rebuild in the driveway in the winter.

I'm getting old though. 10 years ago I pulled my 5.3 in my truck down to a short block for a cam and lifter swap, out in the driveway, in winter time. I R&R'd the transmission at the same time for a torque converter swap. I'm getting soft.
Thanks bud. I'll check out your posts, and no doubt ask you questions as I get over what always feels like dyslexia when I'm first looking at details of things I took for granted for 40 years.

Reactions: 1 user
G-Body Performance Upgrades

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck ConsolesDixie Restoration DepotMike's MontesP-S-TSouthside Machine PerformanceUMI Performance

ContactAdmin@GBodyForum.comfor info on becoming a sponsor