Aug 7, 2020
CA
Why am I getting a high rev in park?

I need to lower the idle….. any advice?

Rochester 2 barrel
Already tuned by a diesel mechanic
I am a new 🐝 when it comes to carbs.
Dez
Vacuum leak? I don't know Diesel motors but I assume the carbs work the same. If you follow the linkage for the throttle, you should see a screw, i.e. idle screw, and turning it in or out will move the idle position, changing your idle/RPM. But if it's been fine and all of a sudden your getting a high idle it's more than likely a vacuum leak.

Reactions: 1 user

Dezimade

Greasemonkey
Sep 22, 2021
Boston Ma.
Vacuum leak? I don't know Diesel motors but I assume the carbs work the same. If you follow the linkage for the throttle, you should see a screw, i.e. idle screw, and turning it in or out will move the idle position, changing your idle/RPM. But if it's been fine and all of a sudden your getting a high idle it's more than likely a vacuum leak.
Thanks I gather vacuum leak.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor