American Racing Oldsmobile Big Block Headers Question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 1, 2020
Hello everyone, I've recently been considering putting headers back on my car and the general consensus seems to be that American Racing Headers are the way to go. With my old headers on the 455 it was a nightmare to change the starter. I had to drop the header and lift the motor a few inches up to get the clearance to pull it out. This time I plan on getting a mini starter to help with the clearance issues, I've read that the Powermaster 9510 is the starter these headers were designed around so it is probably what I will go with. My question is, does anyone know how difficult it is to access or change this mini starter with these headers if ever needed? I don't want to have to drop the header and lift the motor again to change a starter, once was enough. As well, has anyone had any experience with this model starter? Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor