AN Line Opinion

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikester

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 10, 2010
Small town NY
Quick question.
I know a solid line front to rear would be optimal for a fuel line but Ive got two pretty long lengths of AN left over from past projects. Enough to make the run. Anyone use a coupler in the middle ?
What about a frame mounted inline fuel filter ?

Reactions: 1 users

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
It'll be fine, send it. The AN stuff flows enough. I've got -8 running from rear to a Y block by the engine, then splitting to two -6 lines feeding my EFI rails.
If I recall you're just running a carb right? If so, -6 to the front will be plenty.

Reactions: 2 users

mikester

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 10, 2010
Small town NY
It'll be fine, send it. The AN stuff flows enough. I've got -8 running from rear to a Y block by the engine, then splitting to two -6 lines feeding my EFI rails.
If I recall you're just running a carb right? If so, -6 to the front will be plenty.

Thanks for the reply.
Yeah, its a carb. Ive been fighting trying to get these stupid lines straightened out. I gutted an old fuel pump so I could clock it easier and no matter how its set up the inlet is going to be an issue. The two SS transmission cooler lines are right in line with the steel fuel line so the rubber hose wont fit right no matter how I try to loop it around. Even worse trying to get a filter there.
I returned a Russell AN inline filter the other day because it hits the serpentine bracket. Im thinking a piece of 6AN can just come out of the slot in the frame right over to the pump like I did on the 81. Im going back to the speed shop Monday and Im going to buy a bunch of different angles and hose ends. Maybe even ask about a different filter.
I just wasnt into buying another box of SS hose since I have the two pieces just sitting in a box and Im pretty sure theyre going to be long enough.

Reactions: 2 users

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
A name brand coupler will be fine, I have one up front on my Regal going from the 8 AN filter to the regulator.
On my Monte the filter is attached to the pump in the back so I have a 10 AN running from there to the 4 port regulator up front and then I have two 8 AN lines going to the carb.

20180609_224605_resized_1.jpg

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor