EL CAMINO Anchor points

Status
Not open for further replies.

NWJon

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jun 6, 2015
Looking for instructions/measurements/schematic for proper layout to install factory cargo 'tie-downs' in the bed of my 84 El Camino

Cuse99

Master Mechanic
Dec 21, 2020
I'd like to raise this question again. If anyone has any info on how to improvise mounting tie down it would be greatly appreciated. As long as I can find good anchor points I'm sure I can figure the rest out. Photos would be great. Are most tie downs mounted to the floor or can they be mounted to the sides?

Reactions: 1 user

NWJon

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jun 6, 2015
I'd like to raise this question again. If anyone has any info on how to improvise mounting tie down it would be greatly appreciated. As long as I can find good anchor points I'm sure I can figure the rest out. Photos would be great. Are most tie downs mounted to the floor or can they be mounted to the sides?
Hope you get a response

Tomeal

G-Body Guru
Apr 17, 2016
Clyde,pa
I'm at work now. I have a choo choo body that I believe the points would have been put in by the factory. I will get some measurements and pics and update this thread.

roger1

G-Body Guru
Aug 23, 2010
San Angelo, TX
These are expensive but they are excellent. I put a set of 4 on '57 pickup I had.
They are meant for wood floors but I don't see why you couldn't use them on a metal floor if you had access to the underneath area.

Cuse99

Master Mechanic
Dec 21, 2020
I'm at work now. I have a choo choo body that I believe the points would have been put in by the factory. I will get some measurements and pics and update this thread.
Hello Tomeal - were you able to take photos of your anchor points? It would be most appreciated if you are able to. Thank you in advance.

Michael Watts

Master Mechanic
Dec 12, 2017
I have a 1981 El Camino SS and I used some aftermarket retraceable ones .I mounted mine in the bottom corners of the bed .On each side of the wheel wells .And evenly spaced just below the trim on the edge of it . I usually use a "spider net".But I also use rope as well ,Depending on what you are hauling .

Tomeal

G-Body Guru
Apr 17, 2016
Clyde,pa
IMG_20210213_173422072.jpg

IMG_20210213_173350750_HDR.jpg

Four points, front and back of bed sides on the left and right. There is one centered under the back window at the same height.

The first pic is the one closest to the tailgate. Hard to get a good measurement.

IMG_20210214_141934026.jpg

You can see in the pic where I measured. That's the best thing to measure from.

The front one from the seam in the panel under the back glass I get 8" and 9 3/4" measuring back towards the tailgate. But look at the picture and it's centered in the middle of that piece front to back.

So five mounts. Two on each side and one centered under the glass.

Need more let me know.

Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor