Analog to digital signal

Status
Not open for further replies.

MechMan

Master Mechanic
Sep 13, 2018
Kingsport, TN
Is there a way to convert a digital signal to analog so when I do my motor and transmission swap I can keep the gauge cluster stock or at least stock looking?

MechMan

Master Mechanic
Sep 13, 2018
Kingsport, TN
I fond adapters on brphotrods.com. Anyone use these and if so were they a pain to use?

Speedometer control - 1969 and later
Price: $348.00
Quantity in Basket: none
Speedometer control box
Converts electronic pulses from your late model transmission to mechanical for running a conventional speedometer.
This kit is for 1969 and later speedometers with a clip on connection. (check yours before ordering)
Includes control module and cable.

Tach Adapter with coil connection harness
Price: $207.00
Quantity in Basket: none
Tach signal adapter for distributorless ignition systems.
Control your factory or aftermarket traditional tachometer or shift light.
Includes LS coil pack connector harness.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

MechMan

Master Mechanic
Sep 13, 2018
Kingsport, TN
I know but I am dead set on keeping the stock gauge setup. I will be dropping in an LS3 and at the very least a 4L60e transmission.

MechMan

Master Mechanic
Sep 13, 2018
Kingsport, TN
I will look into them. Will they fit in the factory locations? I am keeping it as close to factory looking as I can.

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
I've used the speedometer converter and it worked fine. I did it for the same reason you are and then swapped the gauges about a year later.

That's alot of money to accomplish keeping the stock cluster IMHO, but to each their own.

Reactions: 2 users

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
So, just that I understand: there's going to be a new crate engine under the hood that won't look remotely stock, and you want to monitor it with vague, 35 year old gauges because you want the gauges to look stock?

Reactions: 1 users

MechMan

Master Mechanic
Sep 13, 2018
Kingsport, TN
I am trying to keep it as stock looking as possible. I don’t like the digital displays and the gauge layout for something newer I am not a fan of. I am making this car a sleeper of sorts

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor