Analog to digital signal

Status
Not open for further replies.

MechMan

Master Mechanic
Sep 13, 2018
Kingsport, TN
I'm not expecting the gauges to "fool" anyone. I perfer the way they look and wnat to keep it as original looking as I can. To each their own. The Dokota package intreuges me. I do wish they didn't have the LCD display but I can live with that.

383_GrandPrix

G-Body Guru
Sep 9, 2016
Quebec, Canada
NVU can make you a custom set of gauges to look however you want, just be ready to pay a one off price for the gauges. However I do remember them talking about offering a stock reproduction set of gauges if enough people were interested, I think the interest just wasn't there.

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
NVU can make you a custom set of gauges to look however you want, just be ready to pay a one off price for the gauges. However I do remember them talking about offering a stock reproduction set of gauges if enough people were interested, I think the interest just wasn't there.
JMO: I always thought their 6 gauge layout looked funny with the 4 aux gauges off to one side. The factory with the 4 center, 2 outboard or the DD with the 2 large center, 2 small outboard are much more appealing.

MechMan

Master Mechanic
Sep 13, 2018
Kingsport, TN
I contacted NVU and as fleming442 said it doesnt look right. THe more I look at the Dakota sysem the more i like it. The LCD display isnt a make or break for me. I am curious though where the indicator lights are on this and can I wire them to the stock locations.

Edit: i just heard back from Dakota and this will eliminate the stock indicator lights and there is no way to wire the stock ones up.

Last edited:

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
I caontacted NVU and as fleming442 said it doesnt look right. THe more I look at the Dakota sysem the more i like it. The LCD display isnt a make or break for me. I am curious though where the indicator lights are on this and can I wire them to the stock locations.

Edit: i just heard back from Dakota and this will eliminate the stock indicator lights and there is no way to wire the stock ones up.
Well that sux; I just pulled the specs page, and it says they're there.....
http://www.dakotadigital.com/index....t_id=788/category_id=428/mode=prod/prd788.htm
I didn't know they had performance meters built in; that's pretty F'n cool!

MechMan

Master Mechanic
Sep 13, 2018
Kingsport, TN
Yea I noticed that too. I will send another message to NVU and see if they can possbly change the gauge layout.

Just heard back from NVU and the large gauges must remain in the middle either the smaller ones on the out side.

Last edited:

csstrux

Greasemonkey
Apr 5, 2017
If you get up on the LS swapped G body page on FB a guy took a speedo out of a 90 van and with light alteration made it work. Looked right, but with a few extra MPH and picked up the electric signal. Clean and factory look to it.

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
For atleast for the speedo, would it be possible place the O.E. speedo face & mount it on a newer backing? There are those decal kits to turn the face into a 120 or 140 unit so the sweep movement would/should match the speed traveled.

ssn696

Living in the Past
Supporting Member
Jul 19, 2009
Permanent Temporary
Search the Forum: Built6spdMCSS described the 90s truck/van speedo sender conversion.

If I want to drop some coin, I'd go with the Dakota Digital kit. Sano.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor