Another Car i might take a look at

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lorenzo

Master Mechanic
Mar 28, 2012
Milton Ontario
Hey guys, what do you guys think about this one? http://ontario.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehicle ... Z445317659 Its and 84 SS Has the 305 with headers, the guy says it needs new floor though. I sent him a massive lowball of 500$ and he said he wont go below 1300 for it. Do you guys think its worth it?

Nov 4, 2012
If you could get it for $1000, I'd take it, but I wouldn't pay anymore than that. From what I can tell, it needs a floor, so that opens the door to the possibility of rust on the rest of the car (there's a lot of hidden common rust spots on these cars) so just because it looks clean, doesn't mean it is. You'll probably want a set of SS wheels with good tires on them, that will run you $350 used, Its gonna need a new interior, the current one is pretty much trashed, and judging by how filthy the engine compartment is, I'd say the current owner doesn't care much about this car and probably drove it like he was Bo Duke. So it's had quite a beating, but no doubt repairable. I wouldn't pay more than $1000, $1100 at the most.

Lorenzo

Master Mechanic
Mar 28, 2012
Milton Ontario
There is also this one http://ontario.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehicle ... Z453838976 an 87 SS, guy said its all orginal never been painted, no bondo, nothing. Said the Frames and floors are excellent, just needs paint and some minor rust fix. What do you guys think, he offered it to me for 2000 obo.

Lorenzo

Master Mechanic
Mar 28, 2012
Milton Ontario
Just said he would take 1700 for it, do you guys think its worth it by looking at the pictures?

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
adds and pictures don't really say much cause you never know if they are showing you the bad...

Nov 4, 2012
^^^^^^^
X2. Don't buy the car sight unseen. You are best served going and seeing it in person and checking everything yourself.

clean8485

Comic Book Super Hero
Dec 18, 2005
Ontario, Canada
I'm with PontiacGP on this. If you really want to find out what kind of shape a car is in, you need to go and look at it in person. Most sellers won't tell you about the bad points of the car that they're selling, so you need to go and find out for yourself. If the '84 SS needs a floor, and you want to repair it properly, its going to be a fairly major undertaking, and chances are that there is more rust than that. Plus, as pointed out above, the car will need some correct wheels, cleaning, and probably other work, so its not much of a bargain. As for the '87 SS, judging from the area where the seller is located, chances are that the car has been broken into, and there is some rust showing in the photos, so there's probably more that isn't showing. It seems to me that you're in a similiar situation to YGspider, that you want to find a car as soon as possible, which may not be a good thing. In my opinion, your best bet would be to take your time, go and look at cars you're interested in, in person. Try to get a car with the least amount of rust as possible. Mechanical work is generally easier and cheaper than bodywork, and it will allow you to keep your interest in the car better. Plus, I've usually found that there can be alot of enjoyment in the anticipation of the hunt, and once you've found a car, that enjoyment is gone.
If what I've said doesn't matter to you, and you're looking for a G body project, I've got an '86 Grand Prix 2+2 that I'll sell you. Let me know. Good luck.

Lorenzo

Master Mechanic
Mar 28, 2012
Milton Ontario
One thing i cannot stand is arrogant sellers. You try to contact them to get information and they say your wasting their time and that your not serious blah blah blah. I was texting the guy with the 87 and just asked if he could send a picture of the interior. He is about close to 2 hours away from me and i was seriously thinking of going to go take a look. He then responds with "Lol, Please stop wasting my time, it seems your not serious, please stop texting me" Like :wtf: I just asked a simple question. Like if your a 2 hour drive im going to try to get as much info just to make sure it wont be a complete waste of time for me and the seller. I Cannot stand when people do this. I then said well i was going to come take a look but since your acting like an child i guess you can consider that a no. Guess ill keep waiting and see if anything pops up. Just dont understand why Montes are so rare now. Last year there was a ton of them on kijiji

Nov 4, 2012
Lorenzo said:
One thing i cannot stand is arrogant sellers. You try to contact them to get information and they say your wasting their time and that your not serious blah blah blah. I was texting the guy with the 87 and just asked if he could send a picture of the interior. He is about close to 2 hours away from me and i was seriously thinking of going to go take a look. He then responds with "Lol, Please stop wasting my time, it seems your not serious, please stop texting me" Like :wtf: I just asked a simple question. Like if your a 2 hour drive im going to try to get as much info just to make sure it wont be a complete waste of time for me and the seller. I Cannot stand when people do this. I then said well i was going to come take a look but since your acting like an child i guess you can consider that a no. Guess ill keep waiting and see if anything pops up. Just dont understand why Montes are so rare now. Last year there was a ton of them on kijiji

I hate *ssh*les like this. If you don't get a picture, then who is wasting who's time? People say "don't waste my time", well that's bullshit. You have to spend some time with possible buyers. If you don't want your time wasted, don't sell it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor