Another damn concept pic

Status
Not open for further replies.

jlcustomz

G-Body Guru
Nov 22, 2011
We,ve all seen too many el camino concept pics that GM will never build. But if they did, it would look like a current mid to full size passenger car up front. Not exactly what us older muscle car guys would like.

I'm way the hell out of practice on drawing, but I got bored here & decided to do a chicken scratch drawing while looking at a 2015 Impala SS concept drawing. Don't know how to scan pics, so I took a cellphone pic of the drawing & it came out a little disproportional. But what the heck, I was bored.

Reactions: 1 users

Neuron

Apprentice
Oct 22, 2012
SOCAL
We,ve all seen too many el camino concept pics that GM will never build. But if they did, it would look like a current mid to full size passenger car up front. Not exactly what us older muscle car guys would like.

I'm way the hell out of practice on drawing, but I got bored here & decided to do a chicken scratch drawing while looking at a 2015 Impala SS concept drawing. Don't know how to scan pics, so I took a cellphone pic of the drawing & it came out a little disproportional. But what the heck, I was bored.
You don't look out of practice to me, nice sketch.

RegalBegal

G-Body Guru
Jul 10, 2009
Goldsboro, NC
You draw WAAAAAAAYYY better than me!!!:D I'm like this..

8d86af8304ea3ce83289407c83bf4baa.jpg

oldmansmonte

G-Body Guru
Oct 29, 2010
Buffalo, NY
asking chevy to make an El Camino is like trying to get Ford to make a Bronco. Does not seem to happen even with the demand being there. Also any old car that is being reintroduced like the El Camino will be butchered.

I don't think it will be butchered I think it will be same lame limited run car that never becomes a part of our actual car culture in America. We've had so many examples of the the last 13 or so years. The Plymouth Prowler, Chevy SSR, Mid 2000's Pontiac GTO, Forg GT, Chevy HHR, Rebirth of the Ford Thunderbird, and currently the Chevy SS to name a few. These cars never had a real niche or were practical at any level. They never sold near the #'s to be a factor in American car culture despite being expensive and the took a lot of effort from the car companies themselves to execute.

liquidh8

Comic Book Super Hero
loks good, this would be me drawing.
image006.jpg

• Winner
Reactions: 1 user

TheHomie

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 24, 2015
I was reading somewhere about the reintroduction of an "el Camino" Type of vehicle. It was around the time the outback came out. Chevrolet decided that since the outback didn't sell it would be pointless to modify the car to be sold in America because of our stricter standards. Instead it was marketed and sold in I want to say Europe and Australia? Its called the Pontiac G8 ST. They didn't see a demand so they didn't produce us with a the supply.

:soapbox:

oldsofb

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Dec 7, 2007
Maryland
So as we know GM owns Holden. Holden makes the VE Commodore which was rebadged into the Pontiac G8 GT, and the European Vauxhall VXR8. Holden makes a version of the Commodore called the Maloo, nicknamed the "Ute". I've seen pictures of them in the US with Left hand drive.
Holden-Maloo-08.jpg

Pretty hot looking. GM should import this for sale.

liquidh8

Comic Book Super Hero
So as we know GM owns Holden. Holden makes the VE Commodore which was rebadged into the Pontiac G8 GT, and the European Vauxhall VXR8. Holden makes a version of the Commodore called the Maloo, nicknamed the "Ute". I've seen pictures of them in the US with Left hand drive.
Holden-Maloo-08.jpg

Pretty hot looking. GM should import this for sale.
I have seen those before, I think it is bad *ss!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor