Another dash vents not working question

Status
Not open for further replies.

HAFROD

Royal Smart Person
Jul 15, 2013
Claremore, OKLAHOMA
Guys, my vents are not working in my Regal ( with AC) . The AC system is not charged yet. I have the vacuum lines hooked up to heater valve (gray) and the purple is properly hooked up to the vacuum pod and carb full vacuum port. I cannot get the vents to work. Only defrost and floor. Before I installed HVAC box, I checked all vacuum pods and they worked. Also all doors were free and moving easily. The slide control unit is moving the round thingy with the Maze looking piece. This is a first for me. Will it blow out vents on MAX AC without a charged AC system? I'm suspecting a clogged vacuum hose but unsure. I'm hoping someone has an idea

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
Yes, it will blow out the vents regardless of AC charge. Do you have a vacuum source other than the engine? And, the Captain Obvious question: was the car running?

Reactions: 1 user

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
IIRC, the floor/defrost damper pod is a dual sided pod? Did you check it in both modes? Don't forget that pesky upper vent pod (#4)...

This MAY help:

pic-5984605457586422061-1600x1200.jpeg

Reactions: 1 users

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
The bottom one, #5, either directs to the floor or up the dash to pod #4 flapper. And the inlet flapper, #6, all the way over on passenger side is for recirc or outside air action.

#4 is the one that goes to dash vents or defrost. If you have it on A/C, #5 positions to blow air up the chute and #4 directs it out to the vents. Then when you go to defrost, the bottom valve stays to blow air up the chute and redirects #4 to blow out the defrost vents. If you put it on bi-level, then #4 stays positioned to blow out the vents, and #5 goes to a "mid point" position where you have some air going to vent and some air going to floor. In heater mode, #5 goes to the floor 100%. There's no full floor cold A/C setting. Heater is the only mode that air flow goes all out to the floor.

• Informative
Reactions: 2 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor