Another door pin /bushing question

Status
Not open for further replies.

NRoman70

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Nov 18, 2018
Hi all.

I've searched the forum and YouTube regarding replacing the bushing and pins. My driver's side door is bad...really bad. I don't have a garage and it's cold out and it would be my first time changing pins out on any car. I went to a body shop that my job uses to get a price on repairing both doors. I was quoted $250.

What would you guys do???

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
That's not bad if they actually change ALL of them. Figure a couple hours labor each side, plus parts...it'd run that at the shop where I work, and Okla has one of the lowest labor rates in the nation.

Be advised, G body hinges are a little tougher than later model stuff to change out...not bad in a shop with the right tools, but could be somewhat difficult for a DIYer without experience and the requisite tools

• Agree
Reactions: 3 users

NRoman70

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Nov 18, 2018
That's not bad if they actually change ALL of them. Figure a couple hours labor each side, plus parts...it'd run that at the shop where I work, and Okla has one of the lowest labor rates in the nation.

Yeah that's for both doors. Turns out the owner and his brother have g bodies. And they had a customer's grand national up on a lift. So they know the car well and it sounds like they weren't trying rip.me off.

Reactions: 2 users

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
Just like anything else: if you have the money and don't want to do it, take it to someone. If you don't have the money, you have to do it yourself. At least it sounds like you found a shop that won't bend you over.

• Agree
Reactions: 4 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor