442 Another fishy ebay ad...442 inner door emblems. Be careful out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
Not sure about the authenticity of these. They describe a COPY of the pick tick from the warehouse. A COPY? In what universe does that verify these are genuine GM parts? Ironically, I have a couple of these emblems NOS with a pick tick but it's the actual card, not some stupid copy. This kind of bothers me a little. There's some cues on the first pic (the others are rather useless) that says it's likely genuine. Apparently, according to the info on the pick tick copy, 20 were sold to GM dealer 02-355 and picked October 21, 1985, wherever that dealer is. Zone 02 is a Pontiac zone and was NYC. The big 4963 at the bottom is the last 4 numbers of the dealer order number.

The ad has only one clear shot of the emblems. The rest are "fuzzy". Wonder if that was on purpose? The clear pic shows them to be in not-so-pristine shape, although that doesn't prove anything, either. NOS parts were just there to fit and function as original. Nothing more. The ones I have are in nice condition, although they did come in a GM baggie stapled shut. I guess they didn't put these in boxes. I don't have or ever had any of the repros, so I can't account for what they are, so I only have interwebz pictures to go on. General Detroit was the vendor who cast these, and the name is clearly cast into the back.

But I'm also going to point out the seller doesn't know what they go to completely. Kept on about the 85-87 442 all having this emblem on the inner doors. Well, hate to break it to him, but they were used on the 78-80 442 as well.

Regardless, if you need a set, the repros are going for around $32-$65 each. You'll have to decide if $99 plus taxes is a good deal or not for a pair if these, and if they are indeed genuine GM parts. I wouldn't put these on a show car though. They're pretty crappy looking.

• Agree
  • Informative
Reactions: 3 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor