Another FNG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Screwz

Greasemonkey
May 10, 2021
Arkansas
I have had a few 78/79 Cutlasses with 455s and there is something special about them. I will always want to put a 455 in any gbody Cutlass

Reactions: 1 users

Flyers9928

G-Body Guru
Jul 30, 2014
South Central Pa
Welcome from Southern PA. This place is full of great knowledgeable car guys.

Jay 84 H/O

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 24, 2021
Turbo'ed 307 with good rods, steel (330 style) crank, forged pistons and SFI would have been the ticket.
They certainly would have had to build a far better flowing head for it as well. But I agree! That would have been a reasonable, reliable (as much as the GN at least) and relatively easy way to get some good performance.

Jay 84 H/O

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 24, 2021
‘84 was a bad year/era for GM and factory performance. EFI wasn’t perfected until the late 80’s and EGR was being used for all of the wrong reasons imho.

Aside from that, your car is fabulous car that needs some help under the hood unless you want to cruise with it. Keeping it Olds powered is not the cheapest route, but doable.

Welcome from upstate NY.

Jay 84 H/O

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 24, 2021
Keeping it Olds powered certainly is NOT the least expensive route. :rolleyes: We all know we can build two SBC's for the same cost as one Olds engine. But like many on here, I always side with "same brand" power.

Reactions: 2 users

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
Keeping it Olds powered certainly is NOT the least expensive route. :rolleyes: We all know we can build two SBC's for the same cost as one Olds engine. But like many on here, I always side with "same brand" power.
Understandable. I'll throw in my two cents about this - it's your car so do with it what YOU want and to hell with everyone else's opinion ;)

Hope it works out the way you want it to!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor