CUTLASS another header question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deadeyejedi80

Greasemonkey
Apr 8, 2018
Saratoga springs ny
at some point im going to be putting a 455 im building into my 1980 cutlass supreme and would really like to go with headers .are there any headers i can use that aren't well over 1000 dollars?rarely do anything come up for sale used in my neck of the woods .part numbers would be helpful ,i put the thorton w/z's on my 76 455 supreme and would rather not go that route this time. thank you ,jeff

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
if you put 455 headers in the search bar you'll come across many threads with the same question

Deadeyejedi80

Greasemonkey
Apr 8, 2018
Saratoga springs ny
Well they’re under 1000 that may be my choice I couldn’t find that anywhere ! Just not all that computer savvy I guess . Thank you

Deadeyejedi80

Greasemonkey
Apr 8, 2018
Saratoga springs ny
are they new or used slow 442 ? its something to consider when i get to the point of needing them .to be honest i could spend a week in the woods of the adirondacks without a care but one day in queens would scare the hell out of me :)

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
are they new or used slow 442 ? its something to consider when i get to the point of needing them .to be honest i could spend a week in the woods of the adirondacks without a care but one day in queens would scare the hell out of me :)
I'm just a dumb hillbilly from central MD, and I found NYC to be quite friendly, much nicer than expected. It just smelled like piss.

Reactions: 1 user

slow 442

Greasemonkey
Jan 16, 2014
Used but in good shape! Coated inside and out. Queens isn't as bad as some of the boroughs but if the wind blows just right you might get a wisp of piss stink!

Reactions: 1 users

wskirvin

Master Mechanic
May 22, 2017
Indianapolis, In
Another option is the early 70's cutlass exhaust manifolds, the factory ones fit in the frame with no mods, just have to bend a down pipe to meet up with the rest of your exhaust. I believe thornton's still makes repop's of them and if you search olds 455 exhaust manifolds on Ebay, there are a couple companies making aftermarket tubular ones now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor