Another new user here

mzondervan

n00b
Apr 13, 2023
Hello to all.

Yet another new user that has frequented the forum several times over the years but has never signed up. I thought it was finally time to become part of the community and introduce myself.

I have been a gbody cutlass owner for many years now and had purchased a cutlass salon, with the factory v6/3 speed transmission in it about 30+ years ago. Over the earlier years of ownership I had rebuilt my cutlass from ground up and repainted the car including door jams to this new burgandy/red color. I also replaced the engine with a "refreshed" 350 and a rebuilt 700r4 trans about 28 years ago. The story gets kind of long as my middle brother (Doug-who is now with our Christ and Savior-l92 olds- user) and myself purchased our sister-in-laws wrecked 1984 hurst olds. We proceeded to completely strip the car and divided the parts between us. My oldest brother (Norm-L92 olds 2) is the new owner of Dougs clone 442 and that is where some of the hurst parts had went.

I have done many upgrades to my car when i repainted it with all new trim from gm. Along with the 1975 350/700r4, I have put a monte carlo rear axle, quick steer gear box, and others that excape me at this time. The hood scope and tail fin on my car are from the 1984 hurst as well as a couple of interior parts.

I am thinking of a future project of dropping a ls (Either a lq4 or a ly6) in it and don't know if i should keep the 700r4 with this new transplant. This will be a project in the not so near future as time to work on this is difficult to come by currently.

Greetings from west michigan-Mark Zondervan
Image1.jpg
Image082.jpg
IMG_20160326_122640.jpg

Reactions: 5 users

L92 OLDS 2

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Apr 2, 2023
SW Michigan
Hello to all.

Yet another new user that has frequented the forum several times over the years but has never signed up. I thought it was finally time to become part of the community and introduce myself.

I have been a gbody cutlass owner for many years now and had purchased a cutlass salon, with the factory v6/3 speed transmission in it about 30+ years ago. Over the earlier years of ownership I had rebuilt my cutlass from ground up and repainted the car including door jams to this new burgandy/red color. I also replaced the engine with a "refreshed" 350 and a rebuilt 700r4 trans about 28 years ago. The story gets kind of long as my middle brother (Doug-who is now with our Christ and Savior-l92 olds- user) and myself purchased our sister-in-laws wrecked 1984 hurst olds. We proceeded to completely strip the car and divided the parts between us. My oldest brother (Norm-L92 olds 2) is the new owner of Dougs clone 442 and that is where some of the hurst parts had went.

I have done many upgrades to my car when i repainted it with all new trim from gm. Along with the 1975 350/700r4, I have put a monte carlo rear axle, quick steer gear box, and others that excape me at this time. The hood scope and tail fin on my car are from the 1984 hurst as well as a couple of interior parts.

I am thinking of a future project of dropping a ls (Either a lq4 or a ly6) in it and don't know if i should keep the 700r4 with this new transplant. This will be a project in the not so near future as time to work on this is difficult to come by currently.

Greetings from west michigan-Mark Zondervan
View attachment 219236 View attachment 219237 View attachment 219238
Welcome to the Forum Bro.
I'm looking forward to being a G-Body owner again.
Show Time!

Reactions: 2 users

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor