Another Noob From Minnesota

Status
Not open for further replies.

406 Monte

Greasemonkey
Jul 1, 2016
Minnesota
Awesome forum! Back in my teen years I had 2 81 Regals, 81 Monte and a 79 monte. Oh yeah had a 3rd regal but don't remember the yr of that one, paid $50 for it then sold it for $250 (which was too cheap!)years later. The 81 Monte I totaled and the others were built into race cars .

Fast forward 15yrs and I found a 79 Monte a month or so ago and had to have it. Wife didn't like the idea but parked it in the driveway 2 weeks ago.:D Probably paid to much but that's what happens when you want something so bad.

79 Monte v-6(not for long) 3spd factory manual trans, not so great interior dew to the fireball in the sky.
The door bottoms have some rust but think they can be saved, the rest of the body is rust free and real nice.

Reactions: 1 user

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
Anything with a Buick V6 (if it has a front distributor) is begging for a 350 Buick. If you lucked out with a turd 229 chevy V6 a 350 chevy is a direct swap as well.

406 Monte

Greasemonkey
Jul 1, 2016
Minnesota
Thank you. Well probably be a cruiser and some what of a daily driver and go to shows here and there even though it's not really a show car yet. This one WILL NOT be getting a rollcage!

It has the Chevy 3.3 V-6 but will be getting a sbc 406 and a 5 or 6 speed in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor