Another odd ball 4 speed Malibu for sale (not mine)

Status
Not open for further replies.

grandamman

G-Body Guru
Nov 7, 2005
up in the hills
Not a terrible (starting) asking price especially if the floor and frame are solid............
BTW..............a Lot of people mistakenly call this material leather. It does get old. I quit getting excited expecting to see custom leather interior.

Reactions: 1 user

Gonzo1970

G-Body Guru
Sep 30, 2018
$3500, and I'd take the drive train out of it

-Gonz

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

see2xu

Apprentice
Nov 30, 2008
Greensboro NC
In the summer of '79, I lived in an apartment on Av Brunswick, in Dollard-des-Ormeaux, a suburb of Montreal, and there was a 4-speed '78 Malibu, maroon over black bucket seat interior, parked across from my own '79 442 4-speed, in the underground garage. Probably the only time two 4-speed G-Bodies spent that much time in close proximity since they left the factory.

Reactions: 1 user

melloelky

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 22, 2017
mass
that's kinda steep for a car that needs two fenders and a door on day one..

Reactions: 1 users

Doug Chahoy

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 21, 2016
Not to mention theres nothing said about brake or suspension improvements. I agree, 3,500 as is tops with the extra parts included .

CopperNick

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Feb 20, 2018
Canada
Big Block? Since when did a 79 'Bu, big block or otherwise, come stock with a serpentine belt system? Not sure here but think that mill could be an LS series motor that has been cosmetically adjusted to look like what would have appeared under the hood back when the car came off the factory floor. It could still be a big block in that it is an LS or LSX motor or something along that line, or a take out from a late model Camaro or Vette, or possibly even a 502 or a crate 572, but in that case, the four? speed could be a 4L60 or L80 or even the electronic L65/L85 versions of them. Would go a ways towards explaining why no interior shots.

hangar401

One Owner
Oct 3, 2019
Windsor,Ontario,Canada
Saw this on Facebook Marketplace. Looks like it is in Buffalo, New York. Seems to be a high optioned car with buckets, console, 4 speed and factory sun roof. https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/2482860088401372/
Add states "1979 Chevy Malibu with very rare options. Factory 4speed factory buckets factory leather, factory power windows and locks, factory power sunroof (doesn’t leak good seal) factory ac (currently unhooked) car has a big block 454 very strong motor 3in stainless exhaust aluminum radiator high torque mini starter bunch more in forgetting. Car needs paint headliner and a carpet seats are in great shape panels are presentable, have an extra set of fenders and a few other parts. Asking $6500 not looking for any type of traders I need the room"

I had ordered a 79,350 4speed with air,but cancelled when I found the Calais.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor