MALIBU Another one bites the dust

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
I'm amazed that some people are so oblivious to the demand for cars like this. Especially since somebody along the way saw it as more than a beater/A-B transportation. Damn shame

• Sad
Reactions: 4 users

08Malibu

Royal Smart Person
Feb 9, 2014
North Jersey
I'm amazed that some people are so oblivious to the demand for cars like this. Especially since somebody along the way saw it as more than a beater/A-B transportation. Damn shame

I’m so glad my dad happened to hear about my 81 for sale back in 06. It was almost sold to a restaurant dishwasher. My 1 owner 30k mile car would’ve certainly met the same fate.

Reactions: 2 users

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
Shameful. A 2dr Malibu is the only Gbody I ever really wanted.

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Yeah, I saw that yesterday and I thought what a sin. One of us would've grabbed a car like that.,,or that specific car.

Last edited:

5spdCab

Royal Smart Person
Dec 29, 2019
Tukwila, Wa.
Interior beat pretty bad, but exterior nice straight except the hood. Just for curiosity sake, would like to know why it ended up in the yard. Would take a lot, but it looks very repairable.

Reactions: 1 user

tkruger

Master Mechanic
May 6, 2015
NY
Issue is many people only see an old car. If they are not 'car people' and the car does not look well cared for they look at it as a device to go from A to B. When it needs more work than the value of its KBB t fix then its scrap. To use we see it as a hobby. We see potential. When looking at cost we add up parts but not the labor. We consider the labor a positive as we like to do it. They see the engine a work out and needing replacement. We see an excuse for an upgrade. They see sun baked paint. We see a new coat of our favorite color glistening in the sun.

• Agree

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Well, as the old adage goes, one man's junk is another mans treasure. It might appear a lot rougher in person. Everything looks good in pics. I'm sure the right person would save it. Years back, that's exactly what I was looking for to create a 2-dr wagon project.

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
If the frame tails are good, then most likely the rest of the frame is also. The frame alone is worth $200-500 in these parts.

But if the frame tails are rotted off, then most likely the rest of the floor pans/trunk pans/underside is whooptified as well from rust. Would be nice to see though. Any idea where it's located?

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
Interior beat pretty bad, but exterior nice straight except the hood. Just for curiosity sake, would like to know why it ended up in the yard. Would take a lot, but it looks very repairable.
It's like a granny mint '78 Monte that ended up in the one local yard ten years ago, it's an old car with no use.

newmexguy

Greasemonkey
Apr 8, 2021
Las Cruces NM 88005
If the buyers aren't there - it goes to scrap. Saw more than one of these in the El Paso and New Mexico yards. Near perfect bodies. Ratted out interiors. Too far from any buyers.

Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor