• Tractor Hacking.JPG
    Tractor Hacking.JPG
    42.4 KB · Views: 159
Reactions: 1 users

Clone TIE Pilot

Comic Book Super Hero
Aug 14, 2011
Galaxy far far away
This is the reason I prefer old stuff, if it makes outdated so be it, being up to date is overhyped. Seems like the trend with technology over the last 10 years has been sacrificing control and privacy for minor convenience.

Farmall is better than John Deere.

Reactions: 1 user

ssn696

Living in the Past
Supporting Member
Jul 19, 2009
Permanent Temporary
I learned to drive on my grandfather's 1957 Cub. I've got the T-shirt: Crops are green tractors are red!

• Agree

Flyers9928

G-Body Guru
Jul 30, 2014
South Central Pa
My grandfather was a 7th generation farmer, we got him a John Deer burial vault. It may seem a little weird, but he was awesome. Never complained once in 92 years

chophead

Greasemonkey
Apr 25, 2015
pa hill billy hell
I never liked cars with power windows and computers myself. And onstar? Lol people ya really gotta disconnect that mic! Its sad you can buy a vehicle but now they wanna try to make it so you can work on it? Yes I do own a new motorcycle but its a 2004 harley that I built piece by piece and it has a carburetor! Everything I own is non computer functioning! Plus i also miss the simplicity. Yes my wife has a 2013 impala, which I admit I like. It has 300hp while getting great gas mileage with 4 of us and the a/c on. I can bluetooth my phone and the stereo sounds great. But its her car,what she wants and likes so hey whatever but me I prefer old. Get thiswhen I called to put ins on my cutty my policy went up 21 bucks a month because it doesn't have anti lock brakes and whatever else my 94 dodge ram had. Wtf? Now I gotta pay more for what I feel is a much safer car.... give me roll up windows,points,a v8,stick shift,radio delete,no a/c with a full size spare tire any day over what the world of vehicles have came to. Yes somethings are better(like seat belts) but why does a car need 30 some computers?

L92 OLDS

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 30, 2012
West Michigan
I grew up with both but prefer John Deere. My neighbor was all International / Farmall. Remember the 2 + 2? What a gutless POS. He was always wrenching on those red machines ha ha. This is a Ford vs Chevy discussion....no one wins and in the end it's a matter of preference.

I don't like the direction this is headed. In the future, I wonder how this will effect our ability to manipulate OBD II code for LS engines.

Last edited:

Clone TIE Pilot

Comic Book Super Hero
Aug 14, 2011
Galaxy far far away
I don't have a problem with cars or engines using computers to a point. Back in the 80s like CCC and TPI, computers just automatically ran background functions like the hypothalamus in your brain. I think that is how they should be, not stuff like drive by wire that can override your control of the car.

Also heard of concerns of hackers being able to hack modern car controls though the on board WiFi, besides the police being able to shut you down remotely.

Last edited:

chophead

Greasemonkey
Apr 25, 2015
pa hill billy hell
Yep they can hack anything today, how about cars that can park them selves? Or avoid accidents? If they can hack cameras in your phone or computer what makes you think they cant hack the mic on your onstar? Even if you dont pay for it its still connected.

• Agree

autonaut

Greasemonkey
Feb 22, 2014
Considering how much trouble many people have in keeping these old simple easy to work on cars on the road, imagine how hard it will become when all the electronics start failing in the new cars.. What if the heater ac radio etc is controlled by a touch screen and that goes south or is stolen?

One day we are gonna run out of cheap g bodies to play with:(

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

Clone TIE Pilot

Comic Book Super Hero
Aug 14, 2011
Galaxy far far away
Considering how much trouble many people have in keeping these old simple easy to work on cars on the road, imagine how hard it will become when all the electronics start failing in the new cars.. What if the heater ac radio etc is controlled by a touch screen and that goes south or is stolen?

One day we are gonna run out of cheap g bodies to play with:(

Back in the late 80s and early 90s, some cars used early touch screen controls for the HVAC. GM no longer offers replacement touch screen monitors for if/ when the old touch screen monitors burn out. Those cars also do not have backup manual HVAC controls.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor