Another Season Is Over...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GuysMonteSS

Royal Smart Person
May 21, 2011
Kentville,Nova Scotia,Canada
I put the Monte into winter storage today for the long winter months ahead.
It's time to get back to work for the next 6-7 months in the Western Canada oil patch.
I had a good summer with the Monte once I got the intake gasket issue straightened out,along with one or two other minor problems.
Probably put close to 4000 miles on it,went to 10-12 car shows,and 3 or 4 long drives with the wife,as well as lots of 1/2-1 hour drives.
I played with the timing curve in my Daytona Sensors ignition box and it's not stinky rich at idle like it used to be.Even the people I store it with noticed the difference today when I backed in the building.
I got my ME Wagner Dual Flow Adjustable PCV valve dialed in as per the directions.
The carb is dialed in as good as I could possibly get it.
The Trick Flow oil catch can got hooked up and while it didnt collect very much dirty oil,it did catch some.
The rear tires are worn out,I just dont understand why,LOL
All in all,it was a real good car summer.
Plans are already being made for next years "To Do" list.
69055269_10157638090286869_4051644268966576128_n.jpg

Guy

Reactions: 8 users
Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
How is the patch doing? This pipeline delay and super volatile oil prices can't be good.

GuysMonteSS

Royal Smart Person
May 21, 2011
Kentville,Nova Scotia,Canada
How is the patch doing? This pipeline delay and super volatile oil prices can't be good.

It looks like its going to be a busy season.
There are over 70 rigs working,and maybe more with the winter season coming on.
All the trucking companies that are like mine and have water & vac trucks have a big hiring drive on.
I'm getting emails from the Indeed job bank daily.
I just did 3 online orientation courses this weekend for any of 3 possible jobs,and the important tickets,H2S and First Aid are up to date,as well as WHMIS and TDG.
There are lots of pipeline jobs going at any given time,you just dont hear about them.
So I've got my fingers crossed for a real busy winter so that I can make lots of "Monte Madness Money",LOL
Guy

Reactions: 1 user

turbogeezer

Greasemonkey
May 9, 2012
It looks like its going to be a busy season.
There are over 70 rigs working,and maybe more with the winter season coming on.
All the trucking companies that are like mine and have water & vac trucks have a big hiring drive on.
I'm getting emails from the Indeed job bank daily.
I just did 3 online orientation courses this weekend for any of 3 possible jobs,and the important tickets,H2S and First Aid are up to date,as well as WHMIS and TDG.
There are lots of pipeline jobs going at any given time,you just dont hear about them.
So I've got my fingers crossed for a real busy winter so that I can make lots of "Monte Madness Money",LOL
Guy
Great looking Monte Carlo. I"m still trying to figure out how to get my 87 that low. Any suggestion will help. Bill, WV

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor