Another seat swap question NEED HELP!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

86 Grand prix

Master Mechanic
Nov 13, 2012
Chocowinity NC
I have several options on new seats for my 86 Grand Prix. I just picked up a rough set of G body buckets that need new covers and buns. But I was at a local yard today getting a console and found a 2005 Grand Prix GTP that has a VERY nice set of leather front buckets and rear leather. Has anybody ever put W-body seats in a G-body? Especially the rears. They would look awesome.

lilbowtie

Comic Book Super Hero
Jan 7, 2006
Canton Mi
Get in contact with - 383S10 - He is on Malibu Racing. He put a leather interoir from a 91-93 Buick LaSabre in a g body that looks fantastic.
My GP came with a leather interior

Attachments

• IMG_4503_056.JPG
    IMG_4503_056.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 974

86 Grand prix

Master Mechanic
Nov 13, 2012
Chocowinity NC
Im not a member of that forum. Anybody else done this? Going to take measurements and go back tomorrow.

clean8485

Comic Book Super Hero
Dec 18, 2005
Ontario, Canada
There are a number of different GM seats that will work. The hot ticket right now seems to be the seats from the 2004-2006 Pontiac GTO. The only advice I can suggest is to measure the amount of width available for the seats carefully before picking out new ones, and make sure that you have enough room to fit them in. I've seem seats from an early '90s Olds 98 touring sedan in a mid '80s Cutlass, and they looked great. I have a pair of seats here from a '93 Bonneville SSEi, and they're too wide to fit in my Monte with the factory console. I know that the Bonneville seats are from a 4 door, and the Monte is a 2 door, but I wanted to just try it, to see if it could work, and it won't. Take measurements, and look carefully.

86 Grand prix

Master Mechanic
Nov 13, 2012
Chocowinity NC
I took measurements with me and they look like they will fit from the two door Grand Prix with my existing seat tracks. No way the 2003 tracks would work in a G body. Plus the four door cars seats do not tilt forward. I picked up three buckets and the rear seats in real dark grey. Got an extra passenger seat because the leather was perfect on it. Gotta love $10.00 seat Sunday at Bevels pull it yourself. Leather seats for $10.00 each. wow!! I plan to set them in place and see how they look with the rest of the blue interior but will likely dye them to match with Marhyde or SEM.

86 Grand prix

Master Mechanic
Nov 13, 2012
Chocowinity NC
These are the seats and console I ended up with. Photo from Verz at MontecarloSS.com. The question now is with the blue carpet. headliner ect. would you dye the seats to match?
normal_20120404_142114.jpg

normal_20120404_142140.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor