Another suspension question?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hutch949

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 12, 2016
Since I put the lowering springs on lm thinking of cutting a little off the front springs, so I was crawling around underneath and noticed that the front sway bar is now tilted upward pretty good.Do I need shorter end links now or is there such a thing.It also looked like the back springs are so compressed it appears that 4 of the coils at the top of the spring are actually touching each other with only 2.5 coils to compress when you ride over some bumps in the road.

UNGN

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 6, 2016
Southlake, TX
Cut the sleeves on the bolts to level the bar. Pretty easy to do.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
Cut the sleeves on the bolts to level the bar. Pretty easy to do.

With the ones I use I'd run out of thread on the bolts if I cut the sleeves so he might have to change the bolts as well. I left mine as they were when I dropped the GP

Hutch949

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 12, 2016
It looks as if the solid space is too far between the rubber bushings. I looked on summit racing and found one about 3/4 of an inch shorter.For $23.00 I think I'll try that one.Thanks guys.

MC96

Master Mechanic
Dec 7, 2015
Energy sells an end link kit with different length spacers, so you can mix and match to find the correct length. There is a diagram in their catalog that shows the end of the sway bar needs to be level with the lower control arm. I would've just cut the sleeve.

Just posting for people who find this thread in the future.

Last edited:

UNGN

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 6, 2016
Southlake, TX
With the ones I use I'd run out of thread on the bolts if I cut the sleeves so he might have to change the bolts as well. I left mine as they were when I dropped the GP

Factory sway bar bolts are pretty puny at the threads. A trip to Lowes would solve this.

• Agree

marcar1993

G-Body Guru
Aug 31, 2007
New Jersey
You could cut the sleeve, then move the cut part of the sleeve to the thread side of the bar on the link. Throw a washer on it and now the sleeve is the same effective length, but the bar is still moved downwards to a middle point in the link.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor