Another title question...

Status
Not open for further replies.

-83MONTESS-

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 4, 2010
Bellevue, Ohio
I have a line on a 68 Olds 4-4-2. Its just the body nothing else. Its solid, for sale cheap, fairly close to me and one of my favorite all time cars so I got to thinking.... I contacted the seller and he still has it but has NO TITLE, CAR HAS NO VIN PLATE OR COWL PLATE. Does anyone know if there is a way to title this thing or is it a lost cause? It would be leaving michigan and coming to ohio if it matters. The DMV isn't open today so I was gonna call em tomarow in the a.m. Thanks...

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
what about this method...

Title an Abandoned Vehicle in Ohio
An abandoned vehicle title in Ohio can be claimed by anyone as long as the owner does not come forward to claim it. To claim an abandoned vehicle and title it, you'll have to first contact local Ohio law authorities, give them the location of the vehicle and fill out an abandoned vehicle form. If authorities investigate and the owner is not located, they will contact you.

At that point you may take your completed Abandoned Vehicle Form to your local BMV branch and apply for an OH Motor Vehicle Title. For more information, please go tohttp://www.bmv.ohio.gov/registration_titling.stm.

• Informative
Reactions: 1 user

1evilregal

Comic Book Super Hero
Apr 23, 2009
Greensboro, NC
there may be an issue being there's no vin plate, maybe not in ohio though... here in NC, you have to jump through a bunch of hoops just to get a state issued vin # if the plate is missing of the dash, and the law here is that only the manufacturer may install the original vin plate....

that's just NC, some states don't even require a title after a certain year of manufacture

Since you would likely need a lot more of a car, could you find another titled car and use this one for parts?

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user
I know Ohio will issue a self-assembled title for stuff like kit cars, so you could have a 2017 442! But the car must be complete and pass a safety inspection. Talk about a one of one.

-83MONTESS-

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 4, 2010
Bellevue, Ohio
Thanks for the help guys but I think im gonna pass. The dude seems too shady for me. I must not be alone on that because the car has been for sale for 3 weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor