Another water leak.. need some input please

Status
Not open for further replies.

rhyno811

Apprentice
Mar 2, 2009
Central NJ
So my 78 malibu 2dr is leaking all over the place and I need some advice on pin pointing them.

1. Pass side front pillar has leak about half way down that drips on my door panel armrest and its pretty steady... Windshield or door seals?

2. Driver side rear pillar (between quarter window and rear windshield) has 2 spots I'm seeing drip about 3/4s up the pillar and about half way. Rear windshield and quarter glass seals?

Floors are not wet (except for the dripping off the door panels) and in the back it is soaking my back seat. What do you guys think?

Geo's66

Master Mechanic
Oct 7, 2014
That's exactly where my '78 monte leaked(back window)... Just bought it and there was a rust spot in flat area of top corner of trunk(under where trunk lid shuts)... Also traced it to same side rust in 1/4 panel that was bondoe'd beyond belief... I'd first take window trim off and see how old/cracking sealer looks... Mine was a botched job done at some point... Good luck... My floor pans were rotted as well, into a frame off now..

rhyno811

Apprentice
Mar 2, 2009
Central NJ
Yeah this is my daily so I can't really pull windows out and stuff. Gonna bring it somewhere to have all the glass resealed.

soloone87

Greasemonkey
May 15, 2014
hollywood,fl
you take the window trim out first if anything you can get some polyurethane window sealer caulking and patch it up if necessary until you can get some time to take care of it the right way

rhyno811

Apprentice
Mar 2, 2009
Central NJ
Yeah I thought about that but the leaks are strange.. It might not be the front windshield.. Not sure if there is way for water to get in from the drip rails? Its leaking from close to the top of the pillar then running down and dripping onto the armrest of the door panel.. Looks like its from behind the door seal? But they are newer and perfectly sealed. I dunno where its coming from

crucial118

Royal Smart Person
Nov 15, 2008
MARYLAND, DMV
Time to break out the garden hose and a flashlight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor