Another Wiring Harness Identification Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

bs009

Greasemonkey
Jul 26, 2008
Smashville
Hoping someone can help me identify one of the extra wires I have leftover from reinstalling my dashboard.
I have the service manual for the car, but have not been able to identify this one anywhere in there.

This is the terminal:
SyaPgKA.jpg

and this wire leads up towards the center of the dashboard to this box here. Looks like it might be mounted on the firewall.

q2GZcEw.jpg

I also found what appears to be a MAP sensor on the interior of the car by the passenger side somewhere around the glove box. Is this really where this goes or maybe someone left it there for some reason?
I'm assuming it's for the drivetrain and not for the HVAC system.

HSFwPJU.jpg

bs009

Greasemonkey
Jul 26, 2008
Smashville
Bump.

I'm really only concerned about the first terminal. I'll just assume this MAP sensor was part of the original ECM system.

Turboelky

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Aug 26, 2016
Been a while but looks to be a plug that goes to AC controller. Could be totally wrong.

L92 OLDS

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 30, 2012
West Michigan
The Barometric sensor (not MAP -manifold air pressure) senses atmospheric air pressure to help control the computer command control carburetor. Normally it is in the passenger side kick panel and there shouldn't be any vacuum lines connected to it.

Your other plug is a mystery to me without digging into a service manual or better pics. The black wire is ground, the pink is switched ignition....not sure about the blue or yellow wires. Whatever it connects to draws some current...those wire are thick.

bs009

Greasemonkey
Jul 26, 2008
Smashville
This is on the 82 Grand Prix Brougham (4.1 stock motor) in my sig.
I'll take a look at the wiring diagrams again and see if I can find something else in there relating to those ideas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor