another wiring question! HELP!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

v8power

G-Body Guru
Aug 24, 2007
green bay WI
so it i eliminate the computer and all the wires on the passenger side, will i still be able to run a HEI?

Sep 1, 2006
Tampa Bay Area
The HEI wire is on the ignition circuit and has nothing to do with the computer harness. It's on the basic harness that plugs in to the firewall on the driver's side. The computer control part of the stock HEI computer igntiton gets powered from the computer harness, but is not necessary on a car without a computer. So, the computerized HEI uses wiring from 2 harnesses, only one of which you will need to retain to run the car without a computer.

v8power

G-Body Guru
Aug 24, 2007
green bay WI
one last thing. do i need to find the exact bulk head to match up with the one i have (v 6) or will any one work as long it is a v 8 car?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor