Anti Dive Characteristic

Status
Not open for further replies.

81cutlass

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 16, 2009
Western MN
I'm in to chop things off my car, anyone have Solidworks to test the angles?

So solidworks isn't really the best thing to use here. I can drop all the points in CAD but what we need to do is solve for the new angle and position of the upper control arm mount.

Basically you have to create a program through a software like Matlab which optimizes links and stuff.

The lower control arm pivot axis is fixed and so is the length. Figure stock spindle height and .5 longer upper and lower ball joints. Plug in the optimal caster gain and it should tell you where for performance the upper control arm points needs to be.

Give me 6 months and I might have the position figured out :) I should be taking a class next semester to learn how to do this.

Reactions: 4 users

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
Wouldn't it be easier to put a mark on the frame where the current ball joint is and line the new, equal length control arm up with a little extra caster and camber?
Is it really worth it over the price of new arms?

Macguyver

SOUTHSIDE MACHINE PERFORMANCE
GBodyForum Sponsor
Mar 21, 2017
Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor