Anti roll bar

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bgbird80

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Apr 12, 2021
Have my eye on some ARB what brand would you guys recommend for a no weld setup?

wingnutks

Master Mechanic
Feb 15, 2016
  • Agree
Reactions: 1 users

Michael Watts

Master Mechanic
Dec 12, 2017
I use a Hotchkis set up on my 1981 El Camino I use an 1 1/4 front bar and 7/8 rear.Along with their trailing arms. I have a set od Rancho spring to go with it .It may differ from car to car ,Depending on the set up.And what you are going to do with the car.

Reactions: 1 user

wingnutks

Master Mechanic
Feb 15, 2016
Actually these replies bring up a good point. OP, are you looking for a general handling anti roll bar, or like a bolt in drag race anti roll bar?

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
A true ARB is not a street friendly piece, but rather a drag race piece.

It really depends on your application. For a driver I’ll recommend the UMI bolt in. - it’s a chunk and a half. For an all out 8-9 second race car, you need something different.

wingnutks

Master Mechanic
Feb 15, 2016
A true ARB is not a street friendly piece, but rather a drag race piece.

It really depends on your application. For a driver I’ll recommend the UMI bolt in. - it’s a chunk and a half. For an all out 8-9 second race car, you need something different.
There are a few gbodies in the 8s with the bolt in umi drag bar. I think they also make different diameter ones that bolt to the lca like stock though too. The H&R parts n stuff makes a nice bolt in drag bar too. I have a trz Arb, works good as well.

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
There are a few gbodies in the 8s with the bolt in umi drag bar.
That's encouraging because I'm going to have to revamp a ton to get a true ARB installed. I definitely would've mounted my fuel system differently if I would've known anything about an ARB lol. Live and learn for the next one, or perhaps that can a winter project. Until then I can see either an UMI bar or Escalade sway bar on mine.

I'm a firm believer that it comes down to your level of commitment to 60' times. You're aimig for 1.2_ and I'm aiming for 1.4_'s. I am curious what the OP is after.

wingnutks

Master Mechanic
Feb 15, 2016
That's encouraging because I'm going to have to revamp a ton to get a true ARB installed. I definitely would've mounted my fuel system differently if I would've known anything about an ARB lol. Live and learn for the next one, or perhaps that can a winter project. Until then I can see either an UMI bar or Escalade sway bar on mine.

I'm a firm believer that it comes down to your level of commitment to 60' times. You're aimig for 1.2_ and I'm aiming for 1.4_'s. I am curious what the OP is after.
I'm pretty sure the "champagne Express" runs 8.5-8.8s with a bolt in Arb, 1.24 60'... Not sure which brand tho.

Bgbird80

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Apr 12, 2021
Its a sbc that runs low 11's. Currently have all UMI control arms in the rear, Street driven 90% of the time. Need to bolt onto an 8.5 10 bolt. Looking at the detroit speed setup as well as anything bolt on

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor