Antique plates for PA, how to apply and other questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

hunter_alexander

Master Mechanic
Apr 29, 2008
Erie Pa
So I'm thinking of getting antique plates for my 87 442.

This is for PA.

How does one go about it?

Do I need to get my car inspected before getting the plates?

How long does it take to get them?

Thanks in advance

bracketchev1221

Royal Smart Person
Jan 18, 2018
I went to a notary and she took care of the whole thing. She did my Chevelle, Nova, 76 Malibu and 80 Malibu. There is no inspection of the car required. It did take a few weeks for the plate to arrive if I remember.

mclellan83

Comic Book Super Hero
Jun 27, 2017
Pgh, PA
When I put the antique on the Monte I just went to AAA, they took some pics of the car and sent it out. It did take a while as stated because its good ol' PA. You do pay a good bit of money for the plate but then you don't have to inspect it is what I was looking at as long term savings

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
When I put the antique on the Monte I just went to AAA, they took some pics of the car and sent it out. It did take a while as stated because its good ol' PA. You do pay a good bit of money for the plate but then you don't have to inspect it is what I was looking at as long term savings
Did the state question anything about the car not looking like as show room new with your personal touches done?

mclellan83

Comic Book Super Hero
Jun 27, 2017
Pgh, PA
Did the state question anything about the car not looking like as show room new with your personal touches done?

No, when I first got the car I bought a set of N90's to bring it home because the guy selling it had a pair of wheels I didnt really care for and was able to get it cheaper without them.

20160328_163134.jpg
10069667_201541891539.jpg

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor