Anubis' LS swapped 442 - On the Dyno at BEI

Status
Not open for further replies.

L92 OLDS

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 30, 2012
West Michigan
Last week I brought the 442 to Baker Engineering for the final tune so I thought I would share my latest video. TJ did a nice job and overall I'm impressed with the BEI team. They have a couple of nice Dynojet's which are on the conservative side. The VVT cam brings in good torque numbers down low and as you would expect on the street the car is still traction limited. During the build I was thinking of adding a blower but now based on how the car drives I think I will leave it as is. The numbers should allow me to hit my goal of 11's in the 1/4 mile. What's your guess for HP/TQ at the wheels?

Last edited:
  • Winner
Reactions: 3 users

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
First off, that's a beautiful car. I'm jealous. I wouldn't change a thing. Second, killer work with the video taking/editing. It was very enjoyable to watch. My guess, and its just w.a.g., is 440 hp to the wheels and 460 ft. lb. to the wheels. Really cool build. Would you mind posting an engine compartment pic?

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

L92 OLDS

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 30, 2012
West Michigan
First off, that's a beautiful car. I'm jealous. I wouldn't change a thing. Second, killer work with the video taking/editing. It was very enjoyable to watch. My guess, and its just w.a.g., is 440 hp to the wheels and 460 ft. lb. to the wheels. Really cool build. Would you mind posting an engine compartment pic?

Thanks for the kind words. With a 20% drive train loss I wish the wheel numbers where 440......That would put the 6.2 at 528 HP at the crank. I'll post some more pics about the build when I get the opportunity. Thx again.

Reactions: 3 users

QS442

Master Mechanic
Sep 20, 2011
DE
NICE!!! Can't wait to hear more about your new engine.

• Agree

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
If your using sound to determine power level you must have some experience around a dyno. What's your secret?

Any other guesses?
After watching it a few times now, I'd say Gary nailed it fairly close. Im thinking 460-490 crank hp with the combo you posted.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

Opie Knievel

Rum Fueled Midnight Mechanic and Moderator
Sep 6, 2010
Brodhead, Kentucky
Cool video, nice Olds. I'm gonna guess that the power at the wheels is somewhere around 400hp. Give or take a few hp in either direction. Torque, close to the same. A stock L92 is 403hp, 415tq, right? I figure a cam, headers and a good tune should put you around 500 at the crank and a 20% drivetrain loss would put it right around 400-ish. Am I close?

• Agree

oldmansmonte

G-Body Guru
Oct 29, 2010
Buffalo, NY
Last week I brought the 442 to Baker Engineering for the final tune so I thought I would share my latest video. TJ did a nice job and overall I'm impressed with the BEI team. They have a couple of nice Dynojet's which are on the conservative side. The VVT cam brings in good torque numbers down low and as you would expect on the street the car is still traction limited. During the build I was thinking of adding a blower but now based on how the car drives I think I will leave it as is. The numbers should allow me to hit my goal of 11's in the 1/4 mile. What's your guess for HP/TQ at the wheels?

Yeah I think a blower would be overkill.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor