Any AGM batteries to recommend?

g0thiac

Master Mechanic
Sep 6, 2020
Need one that I can get in Canada here.

I've decided between Optima and ACDelco so far. Basically something that can handle the Canadian hell we call winter, but also something for my 2000 watt amp that drives 2 Cerwin Vega subwoofers.

Let me know, thanks guys.

rfpowerdude

Master Mechanic
Jul 15, 2013
Palm Bay, Fla
If you are actually able to drive it to 2000W average power, depending on the drivers, will be so FVCKING LOUD, that you wouldn't be able to be in the car or right next to it. 2000W of average power is only about headroom. Unless you are an audio lunatic. :LOL::ROFLMAO:

Reactions: g0thiac

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Supporting Member
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
If I had to listen to 2000 watts of noise next to me then I'd be asking you have any Grey Poupon.

I've been told it goes well with smoke sandwich.

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Supporting Member
Dec 26, 2013
I've built a few stereos in my time. A member here has 4 Kinetics and 2 of their 100farad caps. The factory alternator doesn't cut it, so it goes on a CTEK every other day or so.

jiho

G-Body Guru
Jul 26, 2013
DEKA Intimidator

L92 OLDS

Royal Smart Person
Mar 30, 2012
West Michigan
I would go with an Optima yellow top. I have red tops in all my vehicles except the new Lincoln. Some of them going on seven years with no issues. Yellow tops will have more reserve capacity and will take the beating from a high wattage stereo. Optimas are still made in Mexico. I’ve been in the plant and used to work for Johnson Controls.

1618232657994.jpeg

1618232719305.jpeg