Any Appliance repairmen in the house?

1 RARE T

Master Mechanic
Jul 14, 2015
I have a Frigidaire dishwasher that might need an intervention. It's about 7 years old.

Ran it last night but didn't empty it after. Was up early and in the kitchen multiple times but then the wife gets up at 6:30 and comes downstairs to tell me the dishwasher smells like burnt plastic and the door is so hot you can't touch it.

As I start up the stairs, I can smell it right away.

Seems like the heater came on hours after the cycle and didn't shut off. No one had touched it for 8 hrs.

I'm guessing the board is fried but........

GP403

Administrator
Site Admin
Feb 25, 2005
Rolla, MO
I had this happen once (got stuck in hot water mode, back when they were still nuclear powered) and it was never the same, it got hot enough to warp the door/seal (Best I could figure) and it would never seal right again and leaked everywhere. If its got the old dial/spring maybe it just got hung up.

Gonzo1970

G-Body Guru
Sep 30, 2018
They're like the old VCR's used to be...

Cheaper to replace than to fix.

Just went and replaced my dishwasher recently... it was 4 years old. Damn appliances don't last like they used to.

-Gonz

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

Bonnewagon

Lost in the Labyrinth
Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2009
Queens, NY
tumblr_ndv13syHir1ryvgfio1_1280.jpg
Works for me......

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
You gotta love Mr. Natural....:giggle:

mclellan83

Comic Book Super Hero
Jun 27, 2017
Pgh, PA
They're like the old VCR's used to be...

Cheaper to replace than to fix.

Just went and replaced my dishwasher recently... it was 4 years old. Damn appliances don't last like they used to.

-Gonz
Welcome to planned obsolescence, just the way they want. That's why I'm torn on buying a new TV to replace my 65" plasma, it works just fine but it bending the bridge that it hangs from on my entertainment center because it is crazy heavy. Thinking of going OLED or one of the new Sony's but afraid it will break after a few years

Reactions: 1 user

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
You gotta love Mr. Natural....:giggle:

Copyright date says before my "adult" comic time, but many years ago, I worked with a guy that was about 8 years older than me, and he was a fan of the Fabulous Furry Freak Brothers and Fat Freddy's Cat. I miiight have the names slightly off. He showed me a bunch of the cartoons he still had, which as I recall looked a lot like the one in this thread.

Reactions: 1 user

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor