Any bigger fuel tanks?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cuse99

Master Mechanic
Dec 21, 2020
So our G body's come with 17 gallon tanks and my MPG isn't that great. Is there an option for a 22 or 25 gallon tank?

ssn696

Living in the Past
Supporting Member
Jul 19, 2009
Permanent Temporary
You can replace the spare tire well with a flat panel and fit a B or D body tank under there. I don’t have an instant formula to share, but it’s been done. You might need to move or add a floor brace to support the bigger tank.

Reactions: 3 users

Cuse99

Master Mechanic
Dec 21, 2020
You can replace the spare tire well with a flat panel and fit a B or D body tank under there. I don’t have an instant formula to share, but it’s been done. You might need to move or add a floor brace to support the bigger tank.
I forgot to mention. I don't have a spare tire well, I have an El Camino. But I'll keep this in mind for my next g-body.

Tomeal

G-Body Guru
Apr 17, 2016
Clyde,pa
Stock replacements can purchased in 22gal. Same tank they just move the fill neck too the top of the tank instead of the side.

Reactions: 3 users

Cuse99

Master Mechanic
Dec 21, 2020
Stock replacements can purchased in 22gal. Same tank they just move the fill neck too the top of the tank instead of the side.
I can't believe I didn't see this in my search. I think I'm going to add this to my project to swap the motor.
Thanks

Reactions: 1 user

malibudave

Greasemonkey
Mar 12, 2010
Houston, TX
For an El Camino, go with a 91-96 B-body station wagon gas tank and straps. Replace the station wagon filler neck with the 91-96 B-body sedan filler neck for a better fit.

These tanks are plastic and EFI from the factory and they bolt in using the B-body straps.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: 6 users

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
So our G body's come with 17 gallon tanks and my MPG isn't that great. Is there an option for a 22 or 25 gallon tank?

What's 'isnt that great'?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor