Any DFW, TX Meets/Events?

Status
Not open for further replies.

UNGN

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 6, 2016
Southlake, TX
When ya'll go to car's and coffee do you guy park in the main lot to show your car or do you just park at one of the lots and go look around?

For Plano we get there about 15 minutes before the gates open and park in the eastbound left turn lane on spring creek on the west side of the tollway. The Plano cops don't like it, but one cop can't write 200 tickets and the people on the service ramps backing onto the tollway are much worse. When the gates open, the lights under the tollway ensure you'll get metered in (there is a left turn arrow that lets about 4-6 cars in per light cycle).

I like going early because you get a parking stall and you can see everything and still be home by 9:00 -9:30 AM (i'm about 30 minutes away).

We have multiple cars that fit in with different groups: Mustang, Miatas, Jaguar so we park those with the group but with the Buick or 2+2 we just park them in a good spot.

UNGN

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 6, 2016
Southlake, TX
Would be cool if there were a G-Body reunion at the Arlington plant, since so many of them were built there.

Except that the parking lot is full of workers cars for 3 shifts because its GM's only Large SUV plant and Police forces have ditched cars in favor of Tahoes (in the name of safety) and with that money congress earmarked so many years ago (under Clinton) for extra cops on the street (that police forces used for new vehicles instead - because they were afraid to hire somebody and then the money would dry up - silly them) is still in the budget so they are cranking out as many cop Tahoes (and cop Escalades) as our Children's Children's Tax dollars can pay for,

Here is a picture of their overflow parking lot at an old F-14 Tomcat base about 7 miles east of the plant:
GM SUVs at NAS Dallas.jpg

I'm glad they at least keep 17 clear in case there is a dual engine out from an airliner taking off from DFW since we don't have a hudson river to land in (just houses to land on).

When the plant does a model changeover, they usually do have an open house event right before as they run out the stragglers, but I don't know when that would be and since the "cop thing" even high gas prices hasn't slowed demand (because they don't pay for their gas, we do).

The main mod center to outfit cop Tahoes was up the street from my office, but they moved to a larger facility to handle the load.

Jan 22, 2017
I normally make it out to keller's every few weeks when its warm out. It would be nice to see that meet to grow a little since Im always there with nothing but ford friends.

Reactions: 1 user

zdeckich

Master Mechanic
Jun 23, 2013
Fort Worth, TX
IMG_7078.JPG
Went to good guys yesterday and will be back out there today.

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor