any ideas on custom wheel wells for a regal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Silent viewer

Royal Smart Person
May 9, 2007
i am trying to get my wheel wells daone before i paint the car so i put the body back on the frame so i can mock it up. i have air ride and 17s rigth now but i want to be able to clear 20s in the future. i have 20s to use to mock it up also so that helps. i am thinking about finding some wheel wells for a trailer, my buddy uses them for motorcyles so i though it might be a good option. the other would be to take the existing wheel well and raise it up but i am not sure thats a good option either. i have seen pictures of it done but never any details of how it was done. any ideas?

tbird1986

Greasemonkey
Aug 20, 2009
Indianapolis
trailer fenders work awsome for front and back just in the back make sure you figure a way to close up the inside if i had a camera id take pics of mine since im n the process

heavy d

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jun 7, 2009
Northern Il.
Here are some a friend of mine made. He made templates out of cardboard, than had a metal fabricater build them... these are obviously for skinnes in the front, but you get the idea. They were'nt cheap, but they look sweet.

buickpower-1.jpg
[/img]

83cutlassowner

Greasemonkey
Oct 4, 2009
yankton,sd
i remember seeing a mini truck mag cutting up a wheel barrow length wise and using it to re shape the front wheel well at the front of the cab. you'll prolly have more clearance though so it might not be needed. as for the rear i'm sure you could cut around the wheel well and add a few inches under it to raise it up, and do the same to widen it. but it all depends on what you want it to look like.

hammered cutty

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 31, 2010
Hinton AB. Canada
:rofl: thats funny, i was just thinking about that mag last night.
in my cutlass im just raising my factory wells in th rear so i can still use the factory trunk hinges just have to take about three inches out of the base

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor