Any one know of a 1 Inlet 2 outlet muffler that will fit a 1979 CALAIS....

Status
Not open for further replies.

azmusclecar

G-Body Guru
Feb 13, 2018
I thought I'd ask now while I have my fuel tank out making access sooooooooo easy to the muffler. Now my Calais has the 1 inlet and 1 outlet going to the
passenger side. I'd just like the look of the duals. If I can't find a muffler, I will go to full duals someday, but for now my budget is stretched like a Smart Car Limo.
Thanks for any and all help.
AZ

81Regal

Royal Smart Person
Apr 5, 2009
Terril Iowa
If you can find one the factory diesel cutlasses had single in, dual out.

Reactions: 1 user

oldsmobile joe

Royal Smart Person
Nov 12, 2015
mpls
i believe the factory transverse mounted dual outlet muffler has been discontinued for many years , diesel and gas.
try looking at the third and early fourth gen camaro muffler. the inlet and outlets are larger, but the muffler body is the size your looking for. but your looking at a custom intermediate pipe and tail pipes.

Reactions: 1 user

Gwarren79

G-Body Guru
Oct 29, 2018
Safford, AZ
2000 camaro base muffler

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/...MIlsqTz7Pi4AIVLiCtBh2J0g7bEAQYASABEgIIB_D_BwE

2000 camaro base.jpg

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users

pontiac guy

G-Body Guru
Oct 28, 2016
Royse City, TX
I am using a 4th gen Firebird muffler on my car. It's not ideal, but if you are persistent it works. For me the drivers tailpipe was the challenge.

pontiac guy

G-Body Guru
Oct 28, 2016
Royse City, TX
i believe the factory transverse mounted dual outlet muffler has been discontinued for many years , diesel and gas.
try looking at the third and early fourth gen camaro muffler. the inlet and outlets are larger, but the muffler body is the size your looking for. but your looking at a custom intermediate pipe and tail pipes.
X2 on the pipe sizes. You also have to tip it a bit to get it to work. They are flat under the F car but G bodies have them on edge.

pontiac guy

G-Body Guru
Oct 28, 2016
Royse City, TX
Oh and it is quiet AF. I'm using 1 I pulled from a 6 cylinder car and it's stupid quiet behind my 301

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor