Any one know of a 1 Inlet 2 outlet muffler that will fit a 1979 CALAIS....

Status
Not open for further replies.

azmusclecar

G-Body Guru
Feb 13, 2018
Hmmmmmmm, I was hoping (and don't we all?) for a direct swap in but when does THAT happen?
I was on Summit ordering a shift kit for the 350 and I had about $76 in the cart. That Walker puts me
just over the magic number of $100 to get the free shipping. :giggle:
I wonder how quiet that Walker is?:unsure:
I'm going for both looks:cool: and at least a little bit of rumble.......:giggle:.....okay .....stumble.....;)......or murmer.....

Im not ready to make a lot of changes like 3 inch and all that. Just getting the rebuild going and trying to
add as much to it as my budget can handle. :whistle:

Anymore info on that Walker would be appreciated............good bad and ugly...........better to ask and know
then to think you know and never ask.

Thx to all that posted...........(y)

WHOA WHOA WHOA.............and then I saw the Flowmaster one..............hmmmmmm now I am not so sure.
Walker for cost or Flowmaster with agressive sound? Ahhhhhhhhhh don't you just hate when your mind is
ALL made up and then this happens?:unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure::blam::doh:

Last edited:

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
DON'T recommend you do the flowmaster. It's more than a rumble. Those can be flat out noisy. You're looking more for turbo muffler sound on a resto. It's a personal choice, but when you get into that arena, it's best to try and hear some applications first to decide if you like it. Unless you just like buying different mufflers. Guys tend to change mufflers like girlfriends. Some use just one forever, some change them annually, and some seemingly weekly.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

azmusclecar

G-Body Guru
Feb 13, 2018
DON'T recommend you do the flowmaster. It's more than a rumble. Those can be flat out noisy. You're looking more for turbo muffler sound on a resto. It's a personal choice, but when you get into that arena, it's best to try and hear some applications first to decide if you like it. Unless you just like buying different mufflers. Guys tend to change mufflers like girlfriends. Some use just one forever, some change them annually, and some seemingly weekly.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh I can relate to that girlfriend thing...........my wife gets ALL UP IN MY FACE when I try to have one..........o_O
I'll keep checking.........Turbo huh? NOT TURBAN right? Thanks for the advice. Point made, Point taken. You are winning, 2 points to none. :)

Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
TIP: If you do find a reasonably priced muffler that flips up your skirt and plan on keeping your car a long time, then once the dust settles, buy another one, leave it in the box, and stash it. One day, you'll be glad you did. If not, you can sell it to some other joker who's looking for one just like you. :)

Reason I say that is that seemingly once you find something you really like, they discontinue it in a couple years. Things just never will be the same again. Unless you have another one.

azmusclecar

G-Body Guru
Feb 13, 2018
TIP: If you do find a reasonably priced muffler that flips up your skirt and plan on keeping your car a long time, then once the dust settles, buy another one, leave it in the box, and stash it. One day, you'll be glad you did. If not, you can sell it to some other joker who's looking for one just like you. :)

Reason I say that is that seemingly once you find something you really like, they discontinue it in a couple years. Things just never will be the same again. Unless you have another one.
Ahhhhhhhh I see how you got the Royal Smart Person Award...........:notworthy::)

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
When I first got my car, I installed the poor man's dual exhaust system....the traverse mounted diesel muffler.
It had a slight throaty sound to it from what I can remember.

azmusclecar

G-Body Guru
Feb 13, 2018
I like the dimensions and price of the Thrush Muffler from Summit.:cool:.........so it's in my cart...(y).......now a shift kit for the Olds or
Vent Visors for my Durango? Hmmmmm.....:unsure:....can't do both right now.........:(

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor