Any other hydraulic throwout bearings other than the junk McLeod 1400-22 for an lt1 t56?

Status
Not open for further replies.

marcar1993

G-Body Guru
Aug 31, 2007
New Jersey
You almost have to wonder if Chevy did a different bell housing bolt pattern on purpose to ignorant, even Cadillac used the the other bolt pattern, kind of surprised GM didn't say use one dam bell housing pattern. Interesting on the LT-1 bell housing, so an LS1 T-56 is much easier to adapt?

The thing that makes it easier is that its already set up for a push type clutch, and everyone makes a bellhousing for bop to ls1 t56. The lt trans is supposedly a stronger trans, from what I've heard (either one is fairly close in power rating, and im seriously pushing the limits of what I'm comfortable with on a stock trans.) Either way, I'm already set up for the lt style, and dont want to push everything back 2" and shorten the shaft too...
I currently have a wier performance cast aluminum bell because I originally bought his bell and throwout but it did't work with the stock 4th gen master.

Quick time makes a BOP to LS T-56

I do not have an ls t56. Thanks for the link though, I'll reach out to them.

Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
Interesting, unfortunately everyone has jumped on the 4L80E or T-56 band wagon so either sells quick and for big bucks, so finding one is unlikely unfortunately. Even people looking for Olds V8 have ads up, so they are now hard to find, seemed to be a bunch around not long ago and the 350's were near free. The last Olds 350 I saw was $800! Look for a PM on your 10 to 1 iron head 403. Good luck on your search Martin, your Olds has come a long way.

marcar1993

G-Body Guru
Aug 31, 2007
New Jersey
Interesting, unfortunately everyone has jumped on the 4L80E or T-56 band wagon so either sells quick and for big bucks, so finding one is unlikely unfortunately. Even people looking for Olds V8 have ads up, so they are now hard to find, seemed to be a bunch around not long ago and the 350's were near free. The last Olds 350 I saw was $800! Look for a PM on your 10 to 1 iron head 403. Good luck on your search Martin, your Olds has come a long way.

Yeah it isn't easy to find a good deal on one. They're out there, but you'll pay unless you're patient and wait on a deal. I found a guy parting his sons camaro out and he was happy to get $400 for the complete trans, about 5 years ago now, I know a few people who have gotten lt1 t56s for $700 or less, just gotta jump on the right deal. Same for the engines, the deals are still out there, just not as many as 10 years ago is all.
And thank you, it sure has come a long way. In 2010 I put the first used junk 403/th350 in the car and its been a fun ride ever since! This is the 3rd motor, 3rd trans, and 3rd rear I've put in it. The rear should be good for life now, the trans will probably be next up for its final form with some real good parts put in it, and then comes the next engine. It never ends!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor