Attachments

• 2A375B48-5D61-4EAA-A094-357D64CCFD76.jpeg
    2A375B48-5D61-4EAA-A094-357D64CCFD76.jpeg
    18.7 KB · Views: 108

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
Pretty much a PIA since the OE (which that aftermarket one you have is close to) were really ment to get the refills to replace the rubber. A way I've removed them over the years has been to bend it at the joint/pin mount to take some pressure off what locks it all together & take your time while being careful to slide it off.

A note to add is not all replacement arms fit properly on the outer passenger side of the hood with some other may rub the back edge. Not all but there are those out there that might.

87 Monte Carlo SS

Not-quite-so-new-guy
May 30, 2022
Pretty much a PIA since the OE (which that aftermarket one you have is close to) were really ment to get the refills to replace the rubber. A way I've removed them over the years has been to bend it at the joint/pin mount to take some pressure off what locks it all together & take your time while being careful to slide it off.

A note to add is not all replacement arms fit properly on the outer passenger side of the hood with some other may rub the back edge. Not all but there are those out there that might.

Need help
To change the blades, I just use a flat head screwdriver and give it a light twist between the blade and the arm

• Agree
Reactions: 4 users

ELCAM

Royal Smart Person
Jun 19, 2021
If it is the old Trico style ones that have a hinge in the middle of the frame. You need to straighten it at the hinge. Hold the blade side against the inside of your arm with one end in your hand roll your hand in to push the other end into your inner arm straightening the wiper arm.

With your other hand push the wiper blade off when it is straight. It should slip off the pin or use something to gently pry it off.

Goldhawg

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Mar 27, 2021
I'm having a similar struggle; no turning of the blade from the arm seems to pop it off and I'm worried about messing up the end of the arm (seems like a hardened plastic). Where can we just get blade refills that are 18" I'm struggling to find online.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor