any way to figure out what dealer sold my car?

jakes87SS

Apprentice
Jul 25, 2017
ne ohio
www.instagram.com
Doing a slow resto on on my 87 ss and i'm ordering a window sticker, i'm trying to figure out what dealer sold it originally so i can get the sticker correct. My local dealer said it's too old but i remember when i worked at the dealer we had a program to look up recalls that would show where it was sold. Any way to find that out, i'm missing the manual and any thing identifying. I'm about to just enter the old closed up chevy garage i used to work at. its got cars and concepts t-tops which is super fun finding parts for.

pic just cause

1evilregal

Royal Smart Person
Apr 23, 2009
Greensboro, NC
would it show up on a carfax report? don't want to sound like an idiot, but have never done one, so I'm unsure...

un-related, but I'm digging on your front tag!

lilbowtie

Royal Smart Person
Jan 7, 2006
Canton Mi
If you haven't already look for any stickers - paper work. Build sheet are found in the back seats and on top of gas tanks which might lead to a dealer. If Car and Concepts did the T tops I would say it was built in Pontiac mi. (check your vin) and is local to the Brighton Mi. area where Cars and Concepts are located. Car fax should should tell you.

Last edited:

jakes87SS

Apprentice
Jul 25, 2017
ne ohio
www.instagram.com
If you haven't already look for any stickers - paper work. Build sheet are found in the back seats and on top of gas tanks which might lead to a dealer. If Car and Concepts did the T tops I would say it was built in Pontiac mi. (check your vin) and is local to the Brighton Mi. area where Cars and Concepts are located. Car fax should should tell you.
yes, car was built in michigan.

pagrunt

Royal Smart Person
Sep 14, 2014
Shelocta, Pa
Not sure if the the later cars have build sheet like the ealier cars. Mine said it was shipped to Nick Corrselo Chevy (now Classic Chevrolet) in Bellevue, Pa. Odds are mine was sold there being an end of production year car. I found a build sheet on the head liner & on top the tank.

Injectedcutty

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 24, 2014
KY
would it show up on a carfax report? don't want to sound like an idiot, but have never done one, so I'm unsure...

un-related, but I'm digging on your front tag!
Nice catch on the tag Darin!!! I didn't notice that before...a little resident evil reference.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
tobyp Restoration 2
8 Restoration 0