any way to figure out what dealer sold my car?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jakes87SS

G-Body Guru
Jul 25, 2017
ohio
Doing a slow resto on on my 87 ss and i'm ordering a window sticker, i'm trying to figure out what dealer sold it originally so i can get the sticker correct. My local dealer said it's too old but i remember when i worked at the dealer we had a program to look up recalls that would show where it was sold. Any way to find that out, i'm missing the manual and any thing identifying. I'm about to just enter the old closed up chevy garage i used to work at. its got cars and concepts t-tops which is super fun finding parts for.

pic just cause
Yue7FjX.jpg

Reactions: 1 user

1evilregal

Comic Book Super Hero
Apr 23, 2009
Greensboro, NC
would it show up on a carfax report? don't want to sound like an idiot, but have never done one, so I'm unsure...

un-related, but I'm digging on your front tag!

lilbowtie

Comic Book Super Hero
Jan 7, 2006
Canton Mi
If you haven't already look for any stickers - paper work. Build sheet are found in the back seats and on top of gas tanks which might lead to a dealer. If Car and Concepts did the T tops I would say it was built in Pontiac mi. (check your vin) and is local to the Brighton Mi. area where Cars and Concepts are located. Car fax should should tell you.

Last edited:

jakes87SS

G-Body Guru
Jul 25, 2017
ohio
If you haven't already look for any stickers - paper work. Build sheet are found in the back seats and on top of gas tanks which might lead to a dealer. If Car and Concepts did the T tops I would say it was built in Pontiac mi. (check your vin) and is local to the Brighton Mi. area where Cars and Concepts are located. Car fax should should tell you.
yes, car was built in michigan.

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
Not sure if the the later cars have build sheet like the ealier cars. Mine said it was shipped to Nick Corrselo Chevy (now Classic Chevrolet) in Bellevue, Pa. Odds are mine was sold there being an end of production year car. I found a build sheet on the head liner & on top the tank.

jakes87SS

G-Body Guru
Jul 25, 2017
ohio
doing some thread digging here but i did figure it out, the gm historical archives and the info packlets old threads refer to are not a thing anymore but i found a site that you can submit the vin thru the historical archives and order a build sheet print out then use that to order a window sticker from this dude in detroit and i know know my car was sold local ish have talked to the dealer about coming up for a few pics with the car.
LHgfniJ.jpg

AZRegal

Greasemonkey
Aug 20, 2017
Mesa AZ
I bought an arizona born and raised low mile, low owner, 84 regal in excellent shape a couple years ago. It's identical to my first car i bought myself in high school back in Ohio. I am completely restoring it. I found build sheets all over my car. None of them listed anything about where it was shipped or sold. The original sales contract was in the glove box though. It's kinda neat to have this info. Childress Buick is no longer in business here in Phoenix though. Sorry this really isn't helpful at all to your question. Lol. I just wanted to share. I should look into getting one of these repop window stickers.

full

full

Reactions: 1 user

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
I bought an arizona born and raised low mile, low owner, 84 regal in excellent shape a couple years ago. It's identical to my first car i bought myself in high school back in Ohio. I am completely restoring it. I found build sheets all over my car. None of them listed anything about where it was shipped or sold. The original sales contract was in the glove box though. It's kinda neat to have this info. Childress Buick is no longer in business here in Phoenix though. Sorry this really isn't helpful at all to your question. Lol. I just wanted to share. I should look into getting one of these repop window stickers.

full

full
Yeah, look at that APR back then! I paid around the same rate back when I financed my 85 442. The mid-80s SUCKED for interest rates.

What you were finding was broadcast sheets. It has a few build sheet items on it. True build sheets have all the RPO parts (by code, normally) that were put on that particular car as well as dealer and shipper information. Build sheets and invoices are the gold standard when it comes to getting door jamb decals and window stickers replaced.

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
Yeah, look at that APR back then! I paid around the same rate back when I financed my 85 442. The mid-80s SUCKED for interest rates.
It's just like any other car buying experience: they get you one way or another. We have minuscule interest rates today, but MSRPs are astronomical.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor