Anybody got an old Hypertech catalog?

Status
Not open for further replies.

zjchevy1

Apprentice
Apr 21, 2009
Wisconsin
The reason I ask is because I'm still looking for a chip for my 442. I was over to my mom's house tonight, and while digging thru some of my old parts I still keep in her garage, I found a Hypertech chip I had in my Monte SS.

I'm wondering if this chip is compatible to my 442. The instructions list 85-87 442 along with the other GM G-bodies. I went to Hypertech's website and punched in the # on the box, but it brought up a listing for accessory tools. And if anyone has ever tried to contact Hypertech, you'll know what kind of a game that is-they never return your emails. Here's the info off the box:

Part# 11383

Serial# 0045580

The label says 1984 Chevy/Pontiac all - 305HO with automatic

Stage 3- for vehicles with 160 degree t-stat and open exhaust system.

I have an open exhaust system, I'd just need to get a low-temp thermostat if this chip will work. Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

yourownself

Master Mechanic
Sep 8, 2008
stoughton, ma
how old do you need, i probably have one from a few years back at work. i'll check for you tomorrow, just send me a PM to remind me.

zjchevy1

Apprentice
Apr 21, 2009
Wisconsin
I called into Hypertech today and got a tech on the phone. The 11383 is for Camaro/Firebird with 305 4bbl - Now I remember why I took it out of my MCSS, because it ran like sh*t...wonder why :lol:

Hypertech says the P/N is 31502 - Anyone got one they would like to sell?

With the 31502 you have to have low restriction exhaust and a 160 t-stat. Hypertech said they can burn me one, but I can't buy it directly from them, I would have to get it from Jegs or Summit.

zjchevy1

Apprentice
Apr 21, 2009
Wisconsin
82355supreme said:
http://www.superexhaust.com/details/index/157/HYP/9271/0?vc=HYP&pn=ThermoMaster+Power+Chip&vq=V8%3B+5.0L%3B+GAS

Cool, thanks Tom!! I'll order it up tonight when I get home.

Anybody wanna buy a chip for a '84 F body w/305 auto? :lol: :lol:

82355supreme

Greasemonkey
May 16, 2006
Wisconsin
No problem. 'Bout as cheap as you're gonna get one.

I let my Hyperchip go with the last SS I owned, otherwise I mighta been able to hook you up. But, it was in '01 that I sold the car, so by now it woulda been a crap shoot if my pack-rat *ss woulda still had it in a box somewhere or hocked it on eBay eight years later. :lol:

zjchevy1

Apprentice
Apr 21, 2009
Wisconsin
I called the # with that link, they don't have the chip in stock but they thought they could get Hypertech to assemble one and have it to me in about 4-5 days. I think I'll wait until after Memorial Day to put my order in, and hopefully have it in by the time the Power Tour rolls thru Madison :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor