Anybody have a part # for a 1985 olds cutlass spoiler?

Status
Not open for further replies.

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
Not that I'm any expert, but, I'd think a H/O spoiler needs mods to fit on a 78 regal too being different shapes and all
Maybe, but I've never done it or know of anyone putting one on a 78 Regal. So unless someone's done it, they'd know what to do. I won't, so I don't.

A LOT less modding to do an H/O spoiler to fit than a Firebird one. Just a guess.

I was thinking like the studs need lenghtening for the spacers, tips need cut off or cut down for sure.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
Maybe, but I've never done it or know of anyone putting one on a 78 Regal. So unless someone's done it, they'd know what to do. I won't, so I don't.

A LOT less modding to do an H/O spoiler to fit than a Firebird one. Just a guess.

I was thinking like the studs need lenghtening for the spacers, tips need cut off or cut down for sure.
Biggest issue with a firebird is the deck is flat, almost 0* slope towards rear, and no center ridge with zero taper to the sides.

A 78-80 regal vs 81-87 olds decklid will face similar challenges, just not to the same extreme. Some alterations to a gasket/spacer between pedestal and metal, or alterations to the pedestal end itself. How much effort that's worth? Meh, only the OP can decide that compared to his abilities.

Screwz

Greasemonkey
May 10, 2021
Arkansas
I had a 79 Cutlass with a 455 olds in it and I was going to put a rear wing on that . If I remember correctly the firebird and hurst wings are a little wide . You might want to check the length . I’m sure there’s a few guys in here that can tell you the length of there wings.

Jakefromstatefarm

Master Mechanic
Feb 26, 2014
With enough mods anything can work. I saw a modern Challenger spoiler on a cutlass a while back. And looked like minimal modification. Width was pretty good.

Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor