ANYBODY KNOW HOW TO TRIM THE BEZELS FOR CAPRICE LIGHT CONVE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bumpin1ohmSS

Royal Smart Person
Jun 17, 2008
Cali to Az
Re: ANYBODY KNOW HOW TO TRIM THE BEZELS FOR CAPRICE LIGHT CO

I just picked up some new bezels and I'll be getting pics and stuff together soon. Hopefully someone will chime in. Im supposed to hookup with a homie today thats done the conversion many times. I'll try to get pics (if he lets me lol) and post em up. Here's his setup...

3446062589_ab932b2297_b.jpg

Elco Warren 8)

Bumpin1ohmSS

Royal Smart Person
Jun 17, 2008
Cali to Az

bigbad79cab said:
you ve been say n that one for a while i seen this on a old post
:( :(

Bro I cant just magically pop up with pics. Ol boy is hard to get a hold of. I didnt link up with him yesterday cuz his wifey is preggo. All peeps gotta do is sit down and take a look at the lights. See what needs to be trimmed out on the bezels. It cant be that hard. Hit the yards up and get some old lights and bezels to practice on. Simple as that. From the looks of it, theres a few ways to do it. I'll say it again..I'll try to get a hold of Big L for pics and instructions. If not, yall gotta figure this out on your own ya dig? Its seems that this isnt a mod that most peeps would do on this site....Thats probably why there's not much info or input on the subject.. Not tryin to sound like a dick, but peeps have attacked me in the past about this mod for not coming thru with pics. Im here to help. I could say ****it and just do the damn thang, post pics up and say now what...LOL Not my style tho {/end rant} LOL!

Elco Warren 8)
80zBabiezCC

melman109

Royal Smart Person
Apr 22, 2008
Arizona

Your a jerk Warren!!! :rofl: .....Warren is right it's not a hard mod to do. I have not done it personally but I have been given instructions by a couple different friends in the past. Just trimming the bezels and possibly the header panel if I remember correctly. Some people like the lights "sunk" into the bezel others prefer it "flush" with the bezel. Decide how you want yours and practice on some bezels. If you pay for shipping I can send you two bezels for free to play with.

Remyline SS

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 15, 2009
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma

Warren, Mel or both, could you please list the parts, year of Caprice that's need for the mod please. I want to do it but not really in a hurry but would at least have the needed parts. Thank in advance JD.

melman109

Royal Smart Person
Apr 22, 2008
Arizona

Remyline SS said:
Warren, Mel or both, could you please list the parts, year of Caprice that's need for the mod please. I want to do it but not really in a hurry but would at least have the needed parts. Thank in advance JD.

I will attempt to contact my friend this weekend to get you that info

melman109

Royal Smart Person
Apr 22, 2008
Arizona

Well he called me back, he said that all you need is a set of factory el camino bezels and some 87-89 Caprice 1 piece lights. He said just trim the bezels enough to get the headlights in and you also will need to trim the radiator support a little to get to fit. You do not need the headlight bucket that comes on the caprice

Bumpin1ohmSS

Royal Smart Person
Jun 17, 2008
Cali to Az

What!! Big L actually gave up info on "how to do it??!!" Shocked!!! :shock: Did larry tell you how he's holiding em in place tho? I remember him mentioning something about a spring holding em in place. I have his og set of lights from that pic above. I will snap a few photos of em and post em up to show what he trimmed out. My other homie glues his set in. I dont know if you still can adjust the light on either setups tho...Hmmm...

Elco Warren

melman109

Royal Smart Person
Apr 22, 2008
Arizona

Bumpin1ohmSS said:
What!! Big L actually gave up info on "how to do it??!!" Shocked!!! :shock: Did larry tell you how he's holiding em in place tho? I remember him mentioning something about a spring holding em in place. I have his og set of lights from that pic above. I will snap a few photos of em and post em up to show what he trimmed out. My other homie glues his set in. I dont know if you still can adjust the light on either setups tho...Hmmm...

Elco Warren

lol, nope no info on holdin them in but i'll try to get a hold of him again to get that info

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor