Anybody running a Weiand intake?

Status
Not open for further replies.

elcaminokyle

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Mar 2, 2007
First thanks to all those who have bothered to answer my previous questions.
Does anyone run a Weiand intake? It seems like the magazines always use a Edelbrock or a Professional Products intake. But Weiand's line of intake manifolds seems to have alot of different levels to offer. So I was curious if anybody has used them or currently uses one. Do they maybe have poor quality control? Just a thought as I am shopping for an intake for my vortec headed 327.

As far as the Vortec heads go. Professional Products has the best priced intake out there. It is an Edelbrock copy that fits well and performs just as good. I chose the Crosswind air gap model because the raised and dual plenium give good performance throughout the RPM range and the air gap keeps the fuel charge cooler as it passes through the intake.
Weiand intakes have always been good quality but never price competitive and I would consider them less effective than Edelbrocks products or Professionals copies.. depending on what cam you're using and what you intend to use the car for...street, dragrace, both.. choose the type that suits your needs not just what looks cool...
And always remember DO NOT PAINT/POWDERCOAT ALUMINUM !! It seals the pourous metal and destroys the heat transfer ability that allows it to cool quickly thus holds the heat and effects the fuel charge density.. even a polished intake is less efficient than an "as cast" one...
I don't even paint my transmission so it holds less heat...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor