Anyone a Pepper Head? Standard Hot Sauce not hot enough?

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
I don't have a dog in this hunt, but if you LOVE (and I mean LOVE) the hottest foods you can get, there's a natural hot sauce that you got to try if you're serious about your commitment. If you're not a fan of hot sauce, no need to read the rest. I don't classify myself as an official pepper head because I don't revolve my life around burning my insides out, but I do like really spicy with good flavor combined. Just hot for hot's sake isn't for me.

Smokin' Ed founded the Reaper pepper and he apparently is developing an even hotter one. I can't see how.

92% Reaper and the rest vinegar goes into the makings of Reaper Squeezin's. A tad pricey, but most gourmet pepper sauces are a bit on the pricey side, along with the fact you won't find this anywhere else. It's not concentrated like some of the hot sauces out there. It's just pepper and vinegar. So you get the full flavor of the pepper just before it sets your tongue on fire.

I use it, and it's the absolute hottest crap I've ever tasted. As said, the price is a tad steep at $15 per bottle, but the miles per pepper you get out of one bottle makes up for it. It actually could save you money since a little goes a LONG way. Few drops in your bowl of chili will be very noticeable. I've even taken a little bit of it in those small plastic cups with a lid on it to Mexican restaurants to spice up their spiciest dishes that seem not quite as spicy to me.

I just ordered a new bottle with some other junk this morning, so if you, or if you know someone that really loves spicy stuff and wants more, take a look at the Reaper Squeezin's. They sometimes sell reaper salsa and reaper beef jerky from time to time, but that salsa was just way too much at one time for me. I like spicy, but dang. That salsa darn near killed me.

I do NOT recommend Reaper Squeezin's on a McRib, however. I tried it once and the bbq sauce or whatever it was, just doesn't compliment the reaper sauce at all. Not to me anyway. Just throwing it out there. Do as you wish. Not to be an advertisement, but I'm a client, so it's a customer recommendation of what I feel is a quality product that happens to be something else other than a car part.

Reactions: 2 users

86LK

Royal Smart Person
Jul 23, 2018
I'm not big on hot sauces myself, but about 20 yrs ago I took my Mexican mother-in-law to a Thai restaurant. she ordered the hottest thing on the menu (the one with 5 peppers next to it) and said it had a nice flavor. she then proceeded to take out a small jar of chile pequins she had in her purse and added them to the meal! :rolleyes:

• Wow
Reactions: 1 user

Streetbu

Know it all, that doesn't
Supporting Member
May 22, 2011
Central NY
I am NOT a guy that likes really hot stuff. A little heat is ok, maybe hot wings, but I usually order medium. My buddy however is. I just ordered a bottle for him and had it drop shipped to his house. I'll let you know what he says LOL

Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
I'm not big on hot sauces myself, but about 20 yrs ago I took my Mexican mother-in-law to a Thai restaurant. she ordered the hottest thing on the menu (the one with 5 peppers next to it) and said it had a nice flavor. she then proceeded to take out a small jar of chile pequins she had in her purse and added them to the meal! :rolleyes:
Yeah, the Mennonites that I worked with years back who Immigrated from South America eat Jalapeno Peppers like candy. They eat them straight, like an apple. The super hot wings were mild to them. I love the flavor of Jalapenos and similar, just my guts can't take it. I can tolerate and enjoy the pickled Banana Peppers which are very mildly hot on subs.

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
Yeah, the Mennonites that I worked with years back who Immigrated from South America eat Jalapeno Peppers like candy. They eat them straight, like an apple. The super hot wings were mild to them. I love the flavor of Jalapenos and similar, just my guts can't take it. I can tolerate and enjoy the pickled Banana Peppers which are very mildly hot on subs.
I find I'm somewhere in between. My problem with so many "hot" dishes is that the flavor of the other ingredients gets lost in the shuffle. So banana peppers? Sure, grow them all the time. Small red chile peppers? Grow those from time to time (had a Maine coon cat that would steal them off the plant and put them in his water bowl)

Much more than that I find take away too much from the flavor of many dishes.

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
A guy my wife used to work with snacks on Habenaro peppers like they were candy. He'd eat about 5 or 6 of those bad boys with a sandwich or something. One time he gave me a gallon ziplok bag with cayenne peppers- he said they just didn't have the kick anymore like he liked. I'm like, wow, I like hot and spicy, but not by the bucketful.

Anyway, figuring he's got the most tolerance for hot stuff I've ever seen, I let him try the Squeezin's. He poured it out on his sandwich and spread it around like I would mustard. Then he started eating the sandwich. He paused a bit, finished his bite, then calmly said "Yeah, that's hot." then proceeded to eat the rest of his sandwich and STILL snacked on the Habeneros!

I like the kick, and I also like the flavor, but I have to take baby steps with this stuff. I don't like plain hot for hot's sake where the entire dish is nothing but a burning fire, but this sauce is actually pretty tasty, IMO. I like it. I just have to use it sparingly. And I like that it's not "fake hot" where they have to use concentrated capsacin to get there. This is all the pepper itself.

My tolerance level isn't up to official pepper heads. The more you eat, the higher tolerance you gain. I guess it's like a drug user. Experienced ones need more and more to satisfy the craving. So, when you build tolerance, you can still taste the food and get the kick. But to me, this is the answer when someone talks about wanting real spicy stuff and complaining when something isn't "hot enough". This sauce should take care of it.

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
I am NOT a guy that likes really hot stuff. A little heat is ok, maybe hot wings, but I usually order medium. My buddy however is. I just ordered a bottle for him and had it drop shipped to his house. I'll let you know what he says LOL
I'd be curious to find out what he thinks. I can almost guarantee that if he is a fan of hot sauce, he'll like it.

Below are kinda funny videos about reaper peppers. If you're not used to it, it can be a bit dangerous. Sometimes people are just stupid because you can't jump from zero to sixty but they try it anyway. The one chip challenge ones are funny, too. But they always sell out on those one chip challenge things, and I'm not paying secondary market prices for those things just to try it.

This is what it equates to when you're not used to hot peppers and think you can just eat a reaper pepper-
will-sasso.gif

DO NOT try this at home. These two chicks did...apparently they weren't ready for this. Eye candy was pretty nice until things went sideways.

Here's one of the Paqui One Chip Challenge videos. Explicit language but I still was LMAO.

Reactions: 1 users

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor